Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

911 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There’re at it again today, talking over each other 

They invite Jim Duffy onto the program and then don’t let him finish his replies to the questions posed to him.

I predict this will be the last season of OTB. Needs to be replaced by a post match fans phone in

4 minutes ago, Afc69 said:

They invite Jim Duffy onto the program and then don’t let him finish his replies to the questions posed to him.

I predict this will be the last season of OTB. Needs to be replaced by a post match fans phone in

Was there a reason why Your Call was dropped ? 

51 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

I like Jim Duffy, one of the good guys. But did he just say Paulo Maldini was one of his heroes growing up? He’s nine years older than him. 

I think the question was who were your favourite child prodigies. 

2 hours ago, Afc69 said:

If they wanted a phone in they could schedule one, wouldn’t impact OTB

On 28/02/2022 at 11:29, Jimmy Shaker said:

Was driving on Saturday when this was on, and my brother as passenger decided that listening to this would be better than listening to Radio Five, and we couldn't have TalkSport as we weren't in a van, so it seemed a decent compromise given that the BBC is in rugby mode of a weekend anyway.

Reminiscent of the Mayo/Kermode discerning cinema goer/listener excuse book as to how they ended up going to the cinema to watch Transformers 4 Age of Extinction in order to email in a withering review. 

20 hours ago, Afc69 said:

Fucking hell, please no.

37 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Fucking hell, please no.

I'm sure it was suggested years ago that there should be a football phone in hosted by P&B posters.

Imagine some mental OF fan having a breakdown on live radio, only for someone like VT to  tell him "Thanks for playing"

It just needs to be replaced by something better, not a fucking phone in. I've quite enjoyed the occasional Terrace podcast and the even more occasional Old Firm Facts podcast. Both give a sideways and, in the case of OFF, satirical look at Scottish football and don't see entertainment and factual accuracy as mutually exclusive. 

Sounds like Cosgrove had just given us “clowns” (his exact words) an open invitation to join the show.

Doesn’t like criticism, Cosgrove. What was the Billy Dodds transfer fee again, mate? Silly sod still thinks the relegated Saintees got £800k for him

Edited by Afc69