Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

936 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 03/10/2023 at 15:35, Afc69 said:

Totally agree. Ripped into Currie for failing to provide an opinion on Beale etc etc

Interesting that he had to provide an apology to anyone offended by his Keane tink comment.

He’ll be getting his wings clipped as we speak.

Keep going, Stuart, brilliant presenter 

I feel like he's been sailing close to the wind for a while wrt to BBC Editorial guidelines about "balance". He had a good ol' rant on Saturday about these idiots who rail against changes to speed limits

On 03/10/2023 at 16:14, DA Baracus said:

Turned Sunday's off as I didn't want to listen to yet more talk about Celtic and Sevco and that was all they were dribbling on about.

Susie McCabe again 🧐 No harm to the lass, but can they no get someone else 🥱

Different in and out of todays episode today. Heard they had two women on to do with women’s football I believe. Speaking about abuse they get in pubs and online about the women’s game.

quite funny this being on OTB with Tam’s apparent jokes a year ago at some fancy do 

Just now, Moorie said:

Different in and out of todays episode today. Heard they had two women on to do with women’s football I believe. Speaking about abuse they get in pubs and online about the women’s game.

quite funny this being on OTB with Tam’s apparent jokes a year ago at some fancy do 

Not to mention his horrendous piece about women's football a few years back.

58 minutes ago, Moorie said:

That wasn't him tbf. Though he did have a strange wee mini rant today about the woman from the Chase joking about Carlton Cole's tackle, with a textbook 'what if a man had said that about a woman's genitalia' argument. Tam if you're reading this, what with gender power dynamics and all, it's a bit more nuanced than simply men should be able to make jokes about fannies.

Edited by Gibby82

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

I'd a wee chuckle at some of that.

" Steve Campbell tells us about the Aberdeen farmer who recently died. Happily, though, the farmer went the way he wanted to go – he passed away in his sheep"

I know they read this pish so Stuart mentioned  "The Cone Gatherers". It is a novel written by Robyn Jenkins who also wrote "The Thistle and The Grail" about a team trying to win the Scottish Junior Cup.

Robyn himself told me he'd been a Cambuslang Rangers fan when young.

On 16/10/2023 at 23:04, Markymark1874 said:

Anyone else find it ironic how Tam repeatedly makes fun of Lenny Henry not being funny? 

No but you've reminded me of that Scottish-American comedy impressario they had on the other week who was good until they started to basically complain that they couldn't make sexist/racist/ablist jokes anymore 😕

• 4 weeks later...

I have been dipping in and out the show over the weekend. I’ve fair enjoyed Ray Bradshaw on it this weekend over Tam. To me it’s gave me a fresh feel to it. 

Better than Cosgrove repeat my going on about he saw a film about Sam becket this weekend. Both shows he’s been rattling on about it. Taken over his Northern soul stories