Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

908 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

The only certainty in life is that Tam will be cancelled at some stage.

I still find myself listening for 5-10 minutes here and there on a Saturday lunchtime.

I know he’s been in hot water over the years but honesty surprised he’s managed to survive these days seeing how the world is 

It's petty and ill informed but not thinking Livingston and Dingwall have train stations is daft.

Forfar Athletic, Peterhead and East Fife are furthest from train stations (although when Leven Station opens New Bayview might be walkable to although I'm not sure).

Kelty doesn't have a station but you can walk up the road from Cowdenbeath. It might be closer than McDiarmid is from Perth Station.

5 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

It's petty and ill informed but not thinking Livingston and Dingwall have train stations is daft.

Forfar Athletic, Peterhead and East Fife are furthest from train stations (although when Leven Station opens New Bayview might be walkable to although I'm not sure).

Kelty doesn't have a station but you can walk up the road from Cowdenbeath. It might be closer than McDiarmid is from Perth Station.

Did they really say Livingston and Dingwall have no train stations?!

As well all know, Livingston has two stations, although both are fairly far from the stadium, but not too long in a taxi. 

Dingwalls's train station is one of the most famous in Scottish football!

For Kelty, alight at Dunfermline Queen Margaret, cross the road and jump on the Kelty bus. You'll be there in 10 minutes.

For Forar, get the train to Montrose then the bus from the turning circle at the station to Forfar. Likewise Brechin.

Aye, East Fife will be much easier to get to, and a better away day, when the Leven station opens.

42 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Dingwall station. Almost an annexe of Victoria Park (or whatever corporate name they call the County ground these days). 

The question was posed "which is the biggest Scottish club that is furthest from a train station?" They were talking about alternatives to fans coaches should that daft law have gone through

Someone guessed Livingston until corrected. Stuart said "Dingwall doesn't have a station" which was news to me as I've passed through it on the way to Golspie!

5 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

The question was posed "which is the biggest Scottish club that is furthest from a train station?" They were talking about alternatives to fans coaches should that daft law have gone through

Someone guessed Livingston until corrected. Stuart said "Dingwall doesn't have a station" which was news to me as I've passed through it on the way to Golspie!

Yeah, I was listening to it too. Did he think Dingwall was too hillbilly to have those new-fangled iron horse things?

13 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The new station is being built down by the swimming pool, which is a 5-10 mins at most walk from New Bayview.

Guest (Rangers fan) talking about the Large Hadron Collider on Sunday’s show and uses the word “mass” in context. Cue Tam Cowan wading in to make a “joke” about a Rangers fan using the word “mass” on a Sunday….. chuckles all round 😞

Just cut this absolute embarrassing pish out. I’ve said it before, both presenters will say that they are anti sectarian but continue to go for the very cheap laughs like this every single time. Why even reference this. 

So so cringeworthy - and another reason to suggest that this show is of its time and should be binned.

1 hour ago, Markymark1874 said:

Guest (Rangers fan) talking about the Large Hadron Collider on Sunday’s show and uses the word “mass” in context. Cue Tam Cowan wading in to make a “joke” about a Rangers fan using the word “mass” on a Sunday….. chuckles all round 😞

Just cut this absolute embarrassing pish out. I’ve said it before, both presenters will say that they are anti sectarian but continue to go for the very cheap laughs like this every single time. Why even reference this. 

So so cringeworthy - and another reason to suggest that this show is of its time and should be binned.

Maybe they're petty and Ill informed?

4 hours ago, Markymark1874 said:

I'd watch it if I was you, Tam will have this clipped and on his Insta story by teatime.

On 11/09/2023 at 15:05, Afc69 said:

Stuart ripping into the BBC for broadcasting the Scottish Masters old farts football tournament.

The BBC, his employer, if on a contract basis.

Sailing close to the wind, Stu, but hats off to you.

TBF listened live and he literally raised that as an issue when he started talking about it.

Edited by gingermunkie

On 09/09/2023 at 18:53, tamthebam said:

its not according to Google maps

Perth train station to McDiarmid 2.4 miles or 54 minutes walk (personally i find the walk times add on about 25% of time)

Cowdebeath station to New Central Park 2.8 miles or 1 hour and 2 minutes walk.

28 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

its not according to Google maps

Perth train station to McDiarmid 2.4 miles or 54 minutes walk (personally i find the walk times add on about 25% of time)

Cowdebeath station to New Central Park 2.8 miles or 1 hour and 2 minutes walk.

Aye, I'd no be walking from Cowdenbeath station to Kelty. Big hills no matter which way you go. Done it plenty times in my youth on the beer scooter mind you.