Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

908 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 27/08/2023 at 12:13, Silverton End said:

Susie McCabe on again, how original 🙄

I actually thought she was fine, much more reasonable now that Grey Jumper Man has left (the pain was palpable, and man did I enjoy it).....

Then she started with the "Glasgow is a working class city, Edinburgh [by implication] isn't". Edinburgh is obviously more prosperus but the idea that Glasgow simply doesn't have any wealth and that Edinburgh doesn't have poor areas is for the birds. The inverted snobbery is a bit cringeworthy 

49 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

I actually thought she was fine, much more reasonable now that Grey Jumper Man has left (the pain was palpable, and man did I enjoy it).....

Then she started with the "Glasgow is a working class city, Edinburgh [by implication] isn't". Edinburgh is obviously more prosperus but the idea that Glasgow simply doesn't have any wealth and that Edinburgh doesn't have poor areas is for the birds. The inverted snobbery is a bit cringeworthy 

I just don't find her funny, but on a wider point, they need to be getting a better variety of guests.

44 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

I just don't find her funny, but on a wider point, they need to be getting a better variety of guests.

The pool does seem to be limited. I don't listen that often these days but when I do they just seem to rotate between a handful of guests, with the occasional fresh one.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The pool does seem to be limited. I don't listen that often these days but when I do they just seem to rotate between a handful of guests, with the occasional fresh one.

I suspect you might be somewhat unfortunate in that your listening is coinciding with the same guests 😂

They had a geologist on a few weeks ago, which was different. 

44 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

I suspect you might be somewhat unfortunate in that your listening is coinciding with the same guests 😂

They had a geologist on a few weeks ago, which was different. 

Haha aye quite possibly! I listened today and they had two folk on I hadn't heard before.

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Haha aye quite possibly! I listened today and they had two folk on I hadn't heard before.

I'm glad you mentioned this and I'd read this because after 10 minutes on catch up I was ready to throw the towel in:

Tam repeatedly mentioning the chronically unfunny Mickey Flanagan was 🤨😒, and then Stuart's awful awful "who's got the better culture, Hearts or Hibs" patter 🚮. I think it's really sad that he supports the 2nd most successful domestic team of the last decade, but he spends so much time sookin' up to Hibs because his media mates in London have adopted them because they once watched trainspotting 💩

1 minute ago, Stylish Kid said:

I'm glad you mentioned this and I'd read this because after 10 minutes on catch up I was ready to throw the towel in:

Tam repeatedly mentioning the chronically unfunny Mickey Flanagan was 🤨😒, and then Stuart's awful awful "who's got the better culture, Hearts or Hibs" patter 🚮. I think it's really sad that he supports the 2nd most successful domestic team of the last decade, but he spends so much time sookin' up to Hibs because his media mates in London have adopted them because they once watched trainspotting 💩

It's well known that Cosgrove's 2nd team is Aberdeen. 

5 minutes ago, scoobles said:

It's well known that Cosgrove's 2nd team is Aberdeen. 

Sorry, I'm going to sound like a pedantic p***k here, but I didn't actually give any inference of "second team" as such, and I totally accept the point you make that he does (aas I think does his co host) consider Aberdeen as 2nd team. 

It's the sookin' up "Hibs are the team of the luvvies and artistes" that is a bit cringeworthy 

38 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Sorry, I'm going to sound like a pedantic p***k here, but I didn't actually give any inference of "second team" as such, and I totally accept the point you make that he does (aas I think does his co host) consider Aberdeen as 2nd team. 

It's the sookin' up "Hibs are the team of the luvvies and artistes" that is a bit cringeworthy 

Christ mate who cares?

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Usual someone from river city, Scottish writer, singer. Surprisingly only AVFTT boys only been on once I believe 

20 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

I was listening to this show yesterday. Found it strange that when they talked about Michael Parkinson and his imposter syndrome,  they agreed that being Scottish they have also at some points felt the same due to how they speak. Fast forward not very long in the show and they are laughing, mocking and having a dig at a couple of managers and thier accents.  

21 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

Another weegie with the "wit we like, glesga eh" patter. To claim Edinburgh isn't working class is just laughable.