Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

909 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 minutes ago, andyg83 said:

If you listened yesterday you would realise this was spot on. She was maybe "over presenting" at times. 

Given this thread is largely about Cosgrove and Cowan not letting folk speak its not a dig at the woman. Maybe it's just in the job description that they all need to do it 😀

I did listen, it was a bit of a struggle but I did listen. I was having a bit of fun with you but you may well have a point in as much as dead air or anyone rambling makes for dull so there very well could be a default to keep things ticking at a fast pace. Bradshaw just didn't anchor it too well. 

5 hours ago, Ric said:

Again, you just don't get it, and that is a real shame.

@bennett does get it, but they are trolling.

I do get what you're saying, but the comments were in line with other comments on the show ie the regulars are old, fat etc, the remarks are quite judgemental and condescending. The remarks I seen about Defoy were pretty harmless, she's very attractive, I wish she was on tv etc.

I think you're being overly sensitive. I doubt she'd be offended if someone had said "I don't think you're right for OTB, but you looked great."

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Ali clearly, clearly, been told to stop interrupting, after yesterday’s disaster of a permformance, as she’s already apologised for cutting across the guests today.

Hopefully, she keeps it up

Edited by Afc69

35 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

All the complaining yesterday worked, lads!

Today’s lineup is Ray Bradshaw, Ali DeFoy and the boring Man Utd fan from the Big Issue

Lol. Brilliant. 

51 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I do get what you're saying, but the comments were in line with other comments on the show ie the regulars are old, fat etc, the remarks are quite judgemental and condescending. The remarks I seen about Defoy were pretty harmless, she's very attractive, I wish she was on tv etc.

I think you're being overly sensitive. I doubt she'd be offended if someone had said "I don't think you're right for OTB, but you looked great."

Some folk try to see injustice in everything these days. It's fecking exhausting listening to their nonsense.

Some of those responses were weird tbh.

10 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Boy you hate to see someone unsuspecting getting lured into responding to Ric. Better luck next time chief.

I know this is probably a bit daft of me, having been here so long, but I don't remember much about him.

24 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Boy you hate to see someone unsuspecting getting lured into responding to Ric. Better luck next time chief.

I hear you now brother will ignore next time

Cowan’s comment last week about there being 8 years between series 1 and 2 of Fawlty Towers is, unsurprisingly, nonsense. It was 4 years.

Edited by Afc69

Is this jazz I’m hearing on Off The Ball?

Good to know that even when Tam isn’t around the tunes are mental.

I did hear Bjork, Big Time Sensuality earlier which took me back.

It was much better today. Tam must have tipped them off about this thread. 

Bradshaw did suggest at one point that Ali Foy looked good for her age which could be a hate crime in today's day and age. 

On 07/04/2024 at 10:02, Ric said:

Are you willing to post a picture of your girlfriend or wife in here and have people make personal statements about how they look, or whether they would like to f**k them? What's more, once you'd done that, get that person to read those comments and ask how they feel about randoms objectifying them.

You must be willing to do that, after all "It's just a statement of fact surely?" as you claim.

Edit: I have assumed here, that you are hetero, and thus would have a female partner.

You're a massive dobber. 

Second of all. Objectification is not simply commenting that someone is attractive. There is more to it than that (denial of agency, identity reduced to one function etc). He's not even said "wid" so we can't accurately infer any lascivious desires beyond aesthetic appreciation.

Your entire post is all over the place and pretty out of order actually. Your outrage towards the most miniscule of stimuli is pretty sad actually.

Lastly, you're a massive dobber.

4 hours ago, velo army said:

You're a massive dobber. 

Second of all. Objectification is not simply commenting that someone is attractive. There is more to it than that (denial of agency, identity reduced to one function etc). He's not even said "wid" so we can't accurately infer any lascivious desires beyond aesthetic appreciation.

Your entire post is all over the place and pretty out of order actually. Your outrage towards the most miniscule of stimuli is pretty sad actually.

Lastly, you're a massive dobber.

Cheers for the support.

I honestly don't know how dobbers can get through the day worrying about such trivial crap.

Sadly this stuff is all too common. The tyranny of the minority is alive and well it seems.