Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

915 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 17/03/2022 at 17:30, tamthebam said:

so we've gone down a side track about Billy Dodds and Willie Miller and not got back to the important stuff which is choosing a P&B poster to give thae two fuds a right good showing up on national radio.... 

@throbberused to be good but he's shite now.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

@throbberused to be good but he's shite now.

I was listening to off the ball on Sunday funnily enough and they were talking about how people were slagging them off on this very forum and how they were “hiding behind their pseudonyms” which I found very funny. 

On 16/03/2022 at 09:34, Shandon Par said:

I nearly ran him over once. Stepped in the road without looking whilst clutching a bottle of wine. Gave me a filthy look. Probably reminded him of that time he ran into Hansen without looking. 

It was Hansen's fault !

David Wotherspoon was on the show yesterday and for some reason Cowan was quizzing him about his mum's musical preferences, established that she was 62, and proceeded to state confidently that he thought she would have been a fan of someone called Anne Murray, who I assume is some pishy easy listening crooner or some shite.  Wotherspoon's answer - "no, she likes the Rolling Stones".  

Not everyone shares your utterly horrendous musical tastes, Tam.   

21 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Typical west coast bias on show. Guarantee he’d have no trouble pronouncing the names of any part of Glasgow. 

I thought The Shandon Par had a nice ring to it, however, I'm raging that Renton didn't get a mention.

32 minutes ago, resk said:

David Wotherspoon was on the show yesterday and for some reason Cowan was quizzing him about his mum's musical preferences, established that she was 62, and proceeded to state confidently that he thought she would have been a fan of someone called Anne Murray, who I assume is some pishy easy listening crooner or some shite.  Wotherspoon's answer - "no, she likes the Rolling Stones".  

She's Stewie Griffin's favourite singer

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Typical west coast bias on show. Guarantee he’d have no trouble pronouncing the names of any part of Glasgow. 

1 hour ago, stevieKTID said:

I thought The Shandon Par had a nice ring to it, however, I'm raging that Renton didn't get a mention.

The Shandon Par sounds like it would be a cracking name for a pub in my opinion 

29 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

"The pub's closed the day lads. The landlord kept the cellar hatch open and fell through it...."

2 hours ago, resk said:

Canadian songstress Anne Murray

Edited by hearthammer

3 hours ago, Clown Job said:

No phones

No half pints

Free packets of Bacon Fries for dogs

Free corned beef sandwiches and sausage rolls after 10pm

No golf attire 

By order of the management.

People still think this is a football show and judging it as such.

Can we at least accept that the Sunday show is a music, news story and anniversary show.

The Saturday show leads into the afternoon’s football and has a loose association at best with game.

8 hours ago, resk said:

I heard that as well on my way to Pittodrie. I’m a few years older than David Wotherspoon’s mum, and my musical tastes are about as far from Anne Murray as can be. And yes, I do remember her.

I expect the whole point of Mrs Wotherspoon's musical tastes is that she's Canadian, as is Anne Murray, so in Tam's blinkered mind she would obviously have loved Murray simply because of that. You know, in the way all Scots people of a certain vintage would be fans of Lulu, Lena Martell or Barbara Dickson just because they're Scottish. I'm surprised some of P&B's more enlightened posters haven't picked up on that angle yet. It might have clicked if he'd blurted out to Kemar Roofe that he thought his dad would have been a fan of Bob Marley.