Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 hours ago, andyg83 said:

He said on one show that he hired a mobility scooter to get around Vegas (The Strip).

I think they are for fat and / or lazy Americans tbh. Bit weird hiring one I thought of you are Scottish and able bodied?

Did he not get really sunburnt feet? I'm sure that was related in a tale.

Being peely wally I've done the same thing myself. It ain't fun. 

18 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I thought they were more for the elderly and the disabled.  That's a really weird thing to do.

So are Perry Como, Engelbert Humperdinck etc and Tam laps that shite up so it’s fairly “on brand” behaviour tbh. 

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

There is far too much talk about Sevco and Celtic on the show. They discuss them every week, almost as if it's a standing feature, and so many other features are linked back to them.

That's probably the worst bit and why I don't tend to listen any more. I went to see an Off the Ball live show in about 1999 or 2000 at Heriot-Watt's Student Union. Many in the crowd had replica tops on - Dunfermline, Cowdenbeath, Dundee Utd, Partick Thistle, Aberdeen; there wad a wide range of clubs represented. Anyone who wore a Celtic or Rangers top was rightly ridiculed and a lot of the jokes that night were at their expense. Most of the stories were about St Johnstone and Motherwell, the National Team and non-OF stuff. At the time that was a decent interpretation of their radio show. Sadly, over the past several years it's become just an extension of Sportsound and Clyde "Super" Scoreboard in that most of the chat and by far the majority of the guests have a connection to one or the other of the two cheeks. A shame, really.

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Another Cowanism - going on about how a lot of the Scotland fans in Paris missed the James McFadden goal as they were busy taking photos at the time.

I was in the Caley Club and missed it as I was having a massive pish.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I was in the Caley Club and missed it as I was having a massive pish.

I was having a pish too! Went to the bogs and said to the table - “Faddy will score when I’m having a pish”. He duly did and we enjoyed our 125/1 Faddy/0-1 winnings very much. 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

I was having a pish too! Went to the bogs and said to the table - “Faddy will score when I’m having a pish”. He duly did and we enjoyed our 125/1 Faddy/0-1 winnings very much. 

I mind Scotland had a goal kick and I went ‘Ach I’ll nip for a pish now’ 20 seconds later I can hear the pub erupting and I don’t think I’ve ever nipped it so quickly in my life. Ran back through to see utter carnage. Folk on top of the pool tables and one bloke, not in our group, was trying to get his cock out. 

Edited by TheScarf

16 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I mind Scotland had a goal kick and I went ‘Ach I’ll nip for a pish now’ 20 seconds later I can hear the pub erupting and I don’t think I’ve ever nipped it so quickly in my life. Ran back through to see utter carnage. Folk on top of the pool tables and one bloke,  not in our group, was trying to get his cock out.

The man in the mirror ?

Tam banging on about Engelbert Humperdinck, and threatening to actually play his song on the show.  Ooft.  

He seemed quite restrained when the news of the Rangers red card and the Motherwell equaliser came through too... 

Alan Soutar seems like a good lad though.  

17 minutes ago, resk said:

Tam banging on about Engelbert Humperdinck, and threatening to actually play his song on the show.  Ooft.  

He seemed quite restrained when the news of the Rangers red card and the Motherwell equaliser came through too... 

He does 

But I feel a bit sorry for him, Tam acting like it’s an episode of Mastermind with all the random questions and basically saying as a firefighter he sits about and does f**k all

3 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

He does 

But I feel a bit sorry for him, Tam acting like it’s an episode of Mastermind with all the random questions and basically saying as a firefighter he sits about and does f**k all

They do, they're worse than nurses.

10 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Boom Radio have just announced that Cowan has been sacked from 'Off The Ball'.....if  they want to be taken seriously as a radio station they'll have to try harder than that. 

I had to look up Boom Radio.

Must be grim listening- in between classic Beatles and Stones come the funeral plan qnd incontinence pad ads.

Mind you, in 50 years' time you'll get Stormzy and Kanye West next to ads for Saga Holidays and Stairlifts. 

On 23/04/2022 at 12:56, resk said:

Caught about 30 mins in the car.

I couldnt believe my ears when he was slavering on about EB - and then said he was actually about to go and see him at a gig !

Tam was as bad as I remembered. Constant interruptions, same old tropes.

Its dreadful radio - mind you, it just sets you up for the shitshow that is Sportsound itself.