Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 02/05/2022 at 21:14, bennett said:

It was light hearted, fun, cheesy and campy. Whats not to like?

It had some good actors playing the villains too, Tam Cowans got this one right.

Correct - Burgess Meredith, Frank Gorshin and Cesar Romero were the real deal.

The 60's Batman was very clever; the weans (like me) loved the Kerpow ! slapstick, whilst the adults enjoyed the double-entendres.

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Correct - Burgess Meredith, Frank Gorshin and Cesar Romero were the real deal.

The 60's Batman was very clever; the weans (like me) loved the Kerpow ! slapstick, whilst the adults enjoyed the double-entendres.

Maybe I should watch it again. I think my point was that Cowan hadn't seen the new ones and would say the old ones were best regardless

Chick Young on full Old Firm arselicking mode today...claiming that nothing wrong in Celtic/Rangers winning every top league since 1986 because "doesn't that happen everywhere now".  Eh, nope. Also shoehorning a reference to Celtic beating Barcelona when discussing Dundee United's record against Barcelona. 

Kudos to Cosgrove today for stating, quite correctly,  that the Glasgow pair potentially gaining access to the European millions next season gives sod all benefits to the other 40 clubs, and all it benefits is themselves.

Just finished listening to the Sunday show, I don't listen that much anymore as I thinks it's pishe(Sunday). I'll think that was the last time for me.
Stuart bigging up Jane Lewis for the hot seat, pushed me over the edge.  What the f**k does he see or hear that she would be a good presenter, this is a man that was at the very top in TV.
I've met Stuart a few times (I know his cousin) he's a gid c**t.  But, yer way off the mark on this one.

She’s probably a fellow Nat zoomer….

On 03/05/2022 at 06:59, SlipperyP said:

Just finished listening to the Sunday show, I don't listen that much anymore as I thinks it's pishe(Sunday). I'll think that was the last time for me.

Stuart bigging up Jane Lewis for the hot seat, pushed me over the edge.  What the f**k does he see or hear that she would be a good presenter, this is a man that was at the very top in TV.

I've met Stuart a few times (I know his cousin) he's a gid c**t.  But, yer way off the mark on this one.

Have you absolutely discounted the possibility that he was trolling the BBC and those that get upset by Jane Lewis?

The BBC have form, after all, they shoehorned Anna Burnside, not a conventionally gifted broadcaster, into his and Eamon O'Neil's Media Review show. 

On 02/05/2022 at 20:51, andyg83 said:

I listened back to the Sunday show today. 

Another recurring theme is Cowan proclaiming that the "Adam West Batman is way better than the modern ones"

🤣🤣🤣

I mean the old one was literally a pantomime.

Best theme tune though !

On 02/05/2022 at 20:51, andyg83 said:

I listened back to the Sunday show today. 

Another recurring theme is Cowan proclaiming that the "Adam West Batman is way better than the modern ones"

🤣🤣🤣

I mean the old one was literally a pantomime.

Has he expressed a similar opinion with Dr. Who , at all ?

I'll defend him on the Billy Connolly stuff, this week at least.

They were discussing the fact that Billy was getting the Lifetime Contribution BAFTA last night, and then his "greatest hits", so it was at least somewhat topical.

11 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'll defend him on the Billy Connolly stuff, this week at least.

They were discussing the fact that Billy was getting the Lifetime Contribution BAFTA last night, and then his "greatest hits", so it was at least somewhat topical.

"THE greatest two hours of television ever"