Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

913 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Quatermass said:

He’s quick witted and good with a line but, like Cosgrove, you can hear a slightly ‘pissed aff’ tone in his voice if someone catches him with a belter. Although nothing beats a few years back when Cosgrove took the utter huff and sulked for an entire Saturday show when Tam pulled him up as an example of someone who is very obviously well connected/high up in the media world but tries at times to come across like someone who has just rocked in aff the terraces and onto a microphone. To be fair to Cosgrove he has always openly discussed his career and interests and he has achieved a great deal……I just think they get on each other’s tits quite a bit at times.

Was that the time they had a proper falling out on air over a point of grammar? 😂

2 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

Was that the time they had a proper falling out on air over a point of grammar? 😂

It could be 😂 Every now again there is a wee hint that they are scunnered with each other. To be honest four hours a week for over 25 years…..it probably isn’t a surprise they are repeating themselves or bugging each other. I still enjoy tuning in from time to time but then I’ll hear a couple of anecdotes I’ve heard a dozen times before or it’ll seem like the same guest is on all the time…….nae offence to Susan Calman but she never seems to be off it at times…..and it’ll put me off it for a few months. Then rinse and repeat 😂

8 hours ago, Quatermass said:

It could be 😂 Every now again there is a wee hint that they are scunnered with each other. To be honest four hours a week for over 25 years…..it probably isn’t a surprise they are repeating themselves or bugging each other. I still enjoy tuning in from time to time but then I’ll hear a couple of anecdotes I’ve heard a dozen times before or it’ll seem like the same guest is on all the time…….nae offence to Susan Calman but she never seems to be off it at times…..and it’ll put me off it for a few months. Then rinse and repeat 😂

Surely you mean Susie McCabe?

I find her ok in small doses but her accent is quite depressing.

29 minutes ago, andyg83 said:

Surely you mean Susie McCabe?

I find her ok in small doses but her accent is quite depressing.

I'm less bothered about her accent, but I don't really find her that funny.

She was semi regular on that Frankie Boyle show, and I just never got it.

4 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I'm less bothered about her accent, but I don't really find her that funny.

She was semi regular on that Frankie Boyle show, and I just never got it.

Frankie, whilst still an outstanding comedian imo, has done everything to be appear to be more inclusive, a supporter of female comedians and so on over the last few years. Not sure if it was the backlash over his Katie Price material, a fear that his future income would be massively impacted or he didn’t like the public’s general opinion of him. I think I’d rather watch ten of Susie McCabe’s sets than five minutes of Sara Pascoe. She is the absolute definition of an individual that decided one day they were going to be a stand up comedian and have winged it without any of the talent or wit. Never heard anyone say they have watched her, found her funny, told one of her jokes, laughed at anything she had said or bought a ticket to one of her gigs, yet she seems to be never aff the tele.

19 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Markus Fjortoft would vastly improve Sportsound if he was employed as a pundit

An interesting and knowledgeable guy. Despite being only 29 he spoke about Norway's 1981 victory over England as if he'd witnessed it first hand.

On 17/02/2023 at 10:27, Stylish Kid said:

But holy hell that Scaffolders song on Sunday was absolutely fucking terrible, how the f**k did that get past any kind of editorial decision, even the lax standards present on OTB.

Lily The Pink?  Remember having to sing that at primary school. Different times...

2 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Lily The Pink?  Remember having to sing that at primary school. Different times...

Yep. Absolutely horrific. I've since looked up the band and I see that it's a classic "less talented younger brother" scenario.

Also, why on earth would you have to sing that?! 😂

6 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

Yep. Absolutely horrific. I've since looked up the band and I see that it's a classic "less talented younger brother" scenario.

Also, why on earth would you have to sing that?! 😂

Not really the less talented younger brother given that it was written by Roger McGough who is a fairly well respected poet