Sent home from school for haircut

ICTChris

Not in this country,  I think Sweden has a law that you can't name your child something that isn't a name - a couple were barred from calling their baby Metallica a few years ago.  So they named the kid Megadeth instead.
Although there aren't any laws defining unsuitable names in the UK, there are guidelines which registrars can use to refuse to accept a name. You can't use anything that is deemed to be offensive, and they will also try and dissuade you from calling your child something daft, and ask you to think about the consequences of calling your child Lucifer or something in later life.

On the last Scottish list I saw there was a boy called Corbyn, he should have been taken into care as soon as the registration forms were filled out.

Perhaps it’s a symptom of my advancing age but while I would usually be on the side of the rebellion, sticking it to the man and up the revolution; the look of some of these wee twats and their parents make me wonder if we haven’t lost our way by discouraging bullying in schools.

50 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Sent home for having the worlds most wispy tache

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/boy-14-told-shave-school-3344585

Love how the mum acts like shaving is a monumental responsibility.

Fackin love it m8. Not heard human rights brought up in a local newspaper for years. 

Katherine says: “I am just a mum fighting for change. My son is 14 years of age, and is not as yet ready to begin the lifelong routine and responsibility of shaving. We don’t believe that a school should enforce such policies on children between the ages of 11-16 or even 18 years of age."

3 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Katherine says: “I am just a mum fighting for change. My son is 14 years of age, and is not as yet ready to begin the lifelong routine and responsibility of shaving. We don’t believe that a school should enforce such policies on children between the ages of 11-16 or even 18 years of age."

17 year olds can have it forced on them clearly

5 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The hair growing on his face would suggest otherwise.

She appears to be in favour of shaving children under the age of 11, which seems like an odd policy to be advocating.

Have teachers got nothing better to do with their time than cause completely unnecessary fights over shoes and haircuts?
Is it an obsession with micro-controlling others lives or would people die if pupils were allowed to shave their heads?
As for some of these parents reacting as though their nasty brats are being jailed for dissent ... jesus fucking christ.
The standard of spelling and grammar in each of the articles linked to would suggest otherwise.

On 20/09/2019 at 16:53, peasy23 said:

On the last Scottish list I saw there was a boy called Corbyn, he should have been taken into care as soon as the registration forms were filled out.

Obviously it may well have something to do with the politician, but Corbin/Corben/Corbyn are all existing first names, if somewhat rare.

Edited by craigkillie

On 21/09/2019 at 04:00, Shotgun said:

Perhaps it’s a symptom of my advancing age but while I would usually be on the side of the rebellion, sticking it to the man and up the revolution; the look of some of these wee twats and their parents make me wonder if we haven’t lost our way by discouraging bullying in schools.

That would be good if it was the little p***ks that deserve to be bullied that did get bullied, but from what I remember at school it was the quietest, most vulnerable and 'least deserving' kids who were picked on. 

If it was the cheeky wee arseholes on the receiving end to knock their attitude out of them then I'd be right behind a pro-bullying campaign. 

Edited by Dee Man

Why are there never any men in their news articles it's always Maw+child. 

Any dad's on here run off to the local paper after their child got chuck out of school?

Edited by Adam101

22 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I reckon only once was for the length of her skirt. The other 5 times were surely for the state of those eyebrows?