Time for Eck to go already!

Caley Shaun

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of the McLeish appointment I'm tired of players getting away with murder while the manager takes all the flak.

It's being going on far too long to pin on any particular Scotland manager.

The attitude of players wearing the national jersey is far too often absolutely shocking.  You could easily pull out 10 or 15 matches in recent times where they clearly haven't bothered their arses.  

Andrew Robertson was atrocious but the manager gets crucified?  Aye, right.  Tactics and positions are too often used to excuse players who turn out completely unprofessional and totally amateur performances when playing at international level.

At the end of the day players have to stand up and perform but they very rarely ever do.   

As far as I'm concerned you can bring in any manager you like and things won't improve much unless this generation of players make huge strides in their levels of professionalism.

McLeish should never have been appointed. An absolute failure.

The appointment really does sum up the SFA. A shower of useless incompetent wankers. How people can actually be arsed attending Scotland games and giving those embarrassing dicks who run our game money is beyond me.

Steve Clarke should have been appointed. What a job he’s done with a really mediocre side.

Is it just coincidence that almost every manager since Andy Roxburgh has decided to pick players and play some of  them in positions outwith their comfort zones ?  Surely the simple solution  is to play them in positions and formations that they know and build on that ?

Scotland should have treated their previous World Cup campaign as a bedding-in period for whichever manager they want in charge for the long term; instead they gormlessly insisted that they were in the running to qualify, waited until the inevitable failure of a campaign that had absolutely no chance of success and then decided on a change of management.  For permadiddy countries having the right manager and a settled squad in place for the European qualifications is quite clearly the best strategy for reaching an international tournament.

21 minutes ago, virginton said:

Scotland should have treated their previous World Cup campaign as a bedding-in period for whichever manager they want in charge for the long term; instead they gormlessly insisted that they were in the running to qualify, waited until the inevitable failure of a campaign that had absolutely no chance of success and then decided on a change of management.  For permadiddy countries having the right manager and a settled squad in place for the European qualifications is quite clearly the best strategy for reaching an international tournament.

Agreed. Strachan was very lucky to have been given another campaign after blowing it in the first of the extended European Championships.

When he eventually heads for the exit we are treated to the  fiasco of trying to get O’’Neil when it seemed to all concerned he was using us to get a better deal with Northern Ireland and stringing us along.   We wasted months on that with no option B. 

The result being The SFA panic and appoint a manager that has done nothing of note for over a decade.

I would get shot of him after the last round of games scheduled for next month. Regardless, of  if we somehow finish top of the group.  

The football on offer is on par with the Burley and Levein years.  Ridiculous.

Might as well give him till the end of the nations league, if we scrape top of the league fair enough. 

But, last night was atrocious, one of the worst performances in the past 5 years. Alarm bells started ringing when we lined up with 5 defenders against a team ranked 97th in the world. The boy odonell had a torrid time, out of position and looked like he was pulling a caravan. Tierney and Robertson both out of position. Simple solution, drop one or play tierney as right back in a back 4. Robertson one of the best full backs in England didnt put in a single ball all night.

Kevin Mcdonald is just a big clugger you don't need both him and mcginn in midfield, mcginn can do the dirty work and is better going forward. Naismith is a sub at best and johnny russel is more a winger than a forward, again where are our strikers, would it have hurt to chuck the big lad hornby into this game, we had more goalkeepers on the bench than strikers ffs.

Guest SPLOOGESTAIN

McCleish should never have been given the job in the first place. The most embarassing decision I have ever seen. SFA will hang onto him as long as the possibly can, and set us back however many years, like virtually every other appointment they've made in however long. The SFA are truly the most useless, pathetic concoction of circle jerking wankstains ever assembled on the entire planet.

It was pretty obvious when he was appointed that McLeish was the wrong man for the job. Sacked from his last few jobs, been out the game for a few years but worse is that he clearly isn't well, if you've seen him on TV in the past couple of years its been pretty obvious, a stressful job is probably the absolute last thing he should be given. There was nothing about him that made him the right man for the job in any way at all.

I know its tinfoil hat territory but I pretty much believe he has the job (and the long contract with it) because he has friends in the SFA and because needs the money. Will not be surprised to hear that he'll be retiring on ill health grounds, with a fully paid up contract, in the not very forseeable future.

Like most other Scotland supporters I didn't want Alec McLeish appointed and didn't think he would be up to the job, as it turns out he is even worse than I expected he would be. Enthusiasm for the national team is at an all time low . Hopefully Alec  will go soon  and take the two out of touch idiots , Pettrie and MacRae, who appointed him .

27 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I know its tinfoil hat territory but I pretty much believe he has the job (and the long contract with it) because he has friends in the SFA and because needs the money.

Do any of the people who say this stuff not remember how he was appointed? It wasn't that he got the job above a bunch of suitable candidates, he got the job because it was sitting vacant for about six months or so. He was the only bugger who'd take it, other than maybe Malky Mackay, and nobody wanted that.

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

Do any of the people who say this stuff not remember how he was appointed? It wasn't that he got the job above a bunch of suitable candidates, he got the job because it was sitting vacant for about six months or so. He was the only bugger who'd take it, other than maybe Malky Mackay, and nobody wanted that.

I remember what was said at the time but other than a brief discussion about O'Neill, we actually don't know anymore than that for sure. The SFA said very little and most of what people think they know, came from the press. We don't know who actually put their name forward for the job or who/why the SFA decided to interview those whom they did.

16 hours ago, coach said:

McLeish should never have been appointed. Sacked in

previous club jobs told a story, and when it was obvious

he wasn't going to get a sniff at the Rangers vacancy

again, he more or less begged for the national shift

when the SFA cocked-up the task of appointing a

better candidate. I would like to know exactly what

qualities Grant and McFadden bring to the backroom

staff/on the training park/and match days. Players

seeking advice from the sidelines - mostly about the

system the manager in employing - is a disgrace.

I've read better poems, but this work is not entirely without merit.

The use of enjambment for instance, is quite effective.

Archived