What's The Worst Pain You Have Ever Experienced?

Dee Man

I've had much worse things happen to me (fell off mountains a couple of times and got some bad injuries playing rugby) but the two most painful things were...

1) Accidentally firing a heavy duty staple into my finger tip.

2) Steaming drunk and coming home from the pub I managed to fall over a wall with a big drop of the other side.  I thought I'd broke my ankle, the pain was agonising.   I had to literally crawl to my then girlfriends mum's house, get her up at about 3am in the morning and get her to drive me to hospital.  When they told me at the hospital my ankle was only twisted and not broken I didn't believe them.  The pain was horrendous.

On 20/10/2018 at 11:50, Robin.Hood said:

A football hitting my cock was pretty sore. The ball hit the post and soon as I turned it hit me. Was such a hard shot and as I didn't expect it was pretty dam sore.
Remember at the time was close to vomiting. So sore :-(.

Something very similar happened to me.

Playing six a sides, I was in goal and a guy from the other team absolutely rattles a shot in and it flies past me.  I turn round to retrieve the ball from the net just in time to see the ball skelp off the bar, come back and hit me right on the nose.  It knocked me on my back and I thought my nose was broken (it wasn't).

I got up and everyone else was in hysterics.  I didn't see the funny side though, went into a rage and just grabbed a random guy from the other team and started battering him!

2 hours ago, Lex said:

A few years ago I was  going up in the loft in my house and I had one of those extendable metal ladders down. I hadn't extended it fully to the floor, (schoolboy error which won't be repeated) so i got a few steps up and put my fingers in the gap between two overlapping steps near the top. As i put my weight on the fourth step the ladder jolted down and extended fully, trapping the top half of my index and middle finger between two metal steps. 

I was too far up to step back down to the floor and there was no one else in the house. I realised the only option i had was to continue climbing the ladder with my fingers jammed in it.  Each step was a fresh wave of agony and i couldn't bring myself to do it quickly. Ended up making it up after about ten minutes of sobbing and having convinced myself I was going to lose the top half of two of my fingers.

When I eventually pulled the ladder up into the loft with my other hand and free'd them they were both a dark purple and completely numb. I couldn't feel a thing with them for weeks and didn't expect the feeling to come back. However, it did and a full recovery was made.

Been a bit feart of the loft since and only go up if the missus is in and i've treble checked the integrity of the ladder. 

Oo yah fucker.

In Primary school we played in a 5-a-side competition with other schools in the local area. In one of the games this hulking big c**t, who must have been held back for at least a couple of years, rifled a thunderb*****d of a shot off my mates sack, causing the bubblegum he was chewing at the time to fire out his mouth before he crumpled to the floor like a pretzel. 

There were a few moments of total silence before someone cracked that it looked like he'd coughed up one of his balls and then it was carnage. That was apex humour to the 9 pre-pubescent kids and 1 young adult on the pitch. The game had to stop for 10 minutes while tears of laughter (and pain) were wiped away and my mate was carried off the pitch by the janitor.

Football Groin GIF - Football Groin Football In The Groin GIFs

Edited by Barry Ferguson's Hat

I've had what I later found out to be what I think were cluster headaches twice, each time lasting 20-30 minutes twice a day for a week. First time in early October 2009 and then at the same time of year 3 years later. Felt like a white hot ember behind my right eye and ended up with me banging my head against the wall or punching my head in an attempt to divert the pain. Pain killers didnt touch it. Really weird, after about half an hour the pain would just go. Also strange that these things happen to people often around the equinoxes. Fortunately nothing since apart from the odd little twinge. Never went to the doctor as the episodes were so short and completely went away.

Edited by Tony Ferrino

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
25 minutes ago, RH33 said:
Sharon par could run this thread to several pages!

Wonder if the op to turn him into Sharon hurt....

More likely that he got a delicate part of his anatomy caught in Lex's ladder.

2 hours ago, Lex said:

A few years ago I was  going up in the loft in my house and I had one of those extendable metal ladders down. I hadn't extended it fully to the floor, (schoolboy error which won't be repeated) so i got a few steps up and put my fingers in the gap between two overlapping steps near the top. As i put my weight on the fourth step the ladder jolted down and extended fully, trapping the top half of my index and middle finger between two metal steps. 

I was too far up to step back down to the floor and there was no one else in the house. I realised the only option i had was to continue climbing the ladder with my fingers jammed in it.  Each step was a fresh wave of agony and i couldn't bring myself to do it quickly. Ended up making it up after about ten minutes of sobbing and having convinced myself I was going to lose the top half of two of my fingers.

When I eventually pulled the ladder up into the loft with my other hand and free'd them they were both a dark purple and completely numb. I couldn't feel a thing with them for weeks and didn't expect the feeling to come back. However, it did and a full recovery was made.

Been a bit feart of the loft since and only go up if the missus is in send the missus up and i've treble checked the integrity of the ladder. 

FTFY

Worst pain actual I would say I’ve experienced was (and kind-of still is) an emotional one. Spoke about it on here almost bang-on to the day three years ago.

Worst physical pain I’ve experienced is the sciatica type thing I’ve been getting down the front and side of my thigh through the night for the last year or so. Utterly brutal being woken every other night with the most searing pain like someone tearing a firey machete through my thigh.

Being 6 months pregnant with a broken sternum and crushed spine. What topped it, was a pain consultant injecting me with fucking massive needles straight into my sternum and back trying to fix the pain. I can't touch my sternum now as it makes me feel physically sick!

Also the steroid injection they give to women who are about to give birth prematurely is one of the worst needle pains I have ever experienced. Horrific. 

Have broken my schapoid bone and it wasn't a patch on toothache or sun burn. The latter was complete fucking stupidity on my part. Fell asleep and woke up looking like a lobster (in Scotland btw). Had to sit with cooling packs on my legs for a couple of days and had to strap them to my legs when I was at work. Fucking agony. No idea why folk intentionally burn themselves in the sun. Toothache was the worst though. Couldn't move off the couch until I got an appointment to get the fucker pulled.

7 hours ago, thomas said:

Gallstones, they had me in hospital on 3 occasions then NHS decided enough was enough and took my gallbladder out, first time it happened I thought it was game over as I waited on the ambulance.

Agree on gallstones.

I don't know what it's actually like to be stabbed in the abdomen, but I'd imagine it's probably slightly more pleasant than that. The mental anguish of being fully operational a few hours later with no evidence of illness after an attack is devastating as well.

10 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Agree on gallstones.

I don't know what it's actually like to be stabbed in the abdomen, but I'd imagine it's probably slightly more pleasant than that. The mental anguish of being fully operational a few hours later with no evidence of illness after an attack is devastating as well.

Agree with the last part it was almost like a switch and the pain had pretty much instantly gone felt like a fraud leaving the hospital, when it hit though I ended up unable to breath due to the pain and that's what got me the first time it happened convincing me I was on the way out. 

Suffered a fractured skull when I was 5 due to a horrific accident. Ended up in a induced coma for a few days and was in intensive care.  Had to get a crainotomy done to fix part of my skull that was badly fractured and ended up having to get a titanium plate inserted.