Calling Cards of Morons

On 12/02/2019 at 15:24, Dee Man said:

Have no geographical awareness, blindly follow their sat-nav's instructions and end up in Mallaig rather than Fort William. 

We nearly did this last year. Went through a roundabout heading to Mallaig and I had a feeling we should have been headed for Kyle of Lochalsh. Luckily I won the argument that resulted rather than my partner (who was born in Portree) that insisted the satnav was correct. Very much doubt the ferry runs after 9pm in winter.

6 minutes ago, velo army said:

Belongs on this thread.

:lol: f**k sake, that's the third time I've been pulled up on that in this thread. What I meant to put was that it is what the kids say but inexplicably came out like that. Probably because that's what I typed, so not that inexplicable really.

For clarification, I have never used that phrase in my life. Other than that post obviously. 

For the second post in a row I would like to apologise to everyone concerned. 

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
14 minutes ago, velo army said:
Belongs on this thread.

Id say thats just generally shite patter/Americanism. Could be moronic buts its not really a calling card IMO

Thanks for your defence but I'd have to agree that anyone using Americanisms is a moron. 

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Thanks for your defence but I'd have to agree that anyone using Americanisms is a moron. 

As is anyone born and bred in the North-east who uses Weegie words and phrases that have never really been part of the north-east vocabulary

Such as any reference to "weans" or "haein a swally" or use of the word "pure"......or "*****"

Worst of all , of course , are the North-east born and bred glory hunters who develop a Weegie accent whenever they're braying about fitba , reaching its peak whenever their beloved team are playing the Dons. They practically turn into full-on Rab C when they call us "ya fuckin sheep-shaggin' basturts , ye !!" ....without a hint of self-awareness

5 minutes ago, A96 said:

As is anyone born and bred in the North-east who uses Weegie words and phrases that have never really been part of the north-east vocabulary

Such as any reference to "weans" or "haein a swally" or use of the word "pure"......or "*****"

Worst of all , of course , are the North-east born and bred glory hunters who develop a Weegie accent whenever they're braying about fitba , reaching its peak whenever their beloved team are playing the Dons. They practically turn into full-on Rab C when they call us "ya fuckin sheep-shaggin' basturts , ye !!" ....without a hint of self-awareness

Just goes to show how much the rest of the country aspire to be from Glasgow, or be just like us.  Never would you see one of us attempting to talk in a Doric or Fife accent.  Not unless it was to rip the piss, obviously.

3 hours ago, Adam said:

Just goes to show how much the rest of the country aspire to be from Glasgow, or be just like us.  Never would you see one of us attempting to talk in a Doric or Fife accent.  Not unless it was to rip the piss, obviously.

Nah .

Some weak-minded, socially inadequate individuals who only latch on to one or other of the Old Cancer because of the nailed-on guarantee of regular success do not equate to "the rest of the country"

And nae cvnt from outwith the North-East , Weegie or otherwise , has ever managed to mimic the north-East dialect or accent.   Can't be done.   Chewin the Fat had a decent stab at the Dundee accent wi Taysiders in Space......but that's nae the proper north-east 

Any cvnt can sound like a Weegie.

5 hours ago, Adam said:

I dunno. I've been up here for 6 years now and have doric words firmly ensconced in my vocabulary. I consider myself a polyglot now. 

2 hours ago, velo army said:

I dunno. I've been up here for 6 years now and have doric words firmly ensconced in my vocabulary. I consider myself a polyglot now. 

Spikken Doric and hae'ing a North East accent are nae the same 'hing.

5 hours ago, A96 said:

Nah .

Some weak-minded, socially inadequate individuals who only latch on to one or other of the Old Cancer because of the nailed-on guarantee of regular success do not equate to "the rest of the country"

And nae cvnt from outwith the North-East , Weegie or otherwise , has ever managed to mimic the north-East dialect or accent.   Can't be done.   Chewin the Fat had a decent stab at the Dundee accent wi Taysiders in Space......but that's nae the proper north-east 

Any cvnt can sound like a Weegie.