Calling Cards of Morons

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm quite bad for saying stupid things without thinking. Today I've had two in the space of a couple of hours. A lassie got on who was on yesterday, obviously going to a wedding at Gretna Green (wid btw). I asked if she enjoyed the wedding and she said yes but I'm rough today to which I responded, "Aye your hair isn't as nice today". She took it ok tbh and just said "Thanks. I feel like shit as it is".

Just went up to a lassie with a newborn. I asked how old her wee one is and she said 3 weeks, to which I responded "Aw that'll explain why you look so tired".

Fucking moron.

When are you due? to a fat woman proportions of tact there.

Having a political stance and/or party name in your Twitter name or bio.

Yes. Pretty much anyone who makes one thing the defining feature of their life. Politics, religion, support for a sports team, hatred for another sports team, misogyny, stamp collecting, whatever. If their entire existence revolves around that one thing...they’re invariably morons.

Live in a city, yet insist on driving into it to go shopping etc.  I was talking to someone a while ago who lived in Edinburgh.  We got onto talking about the trams and she told me she'd never been on them.  She then said "I have a car so what's the point in taking public transport?"

Well, carbon emissions, finding somewhere to park, paying for parking (not cheap) etc...

Edited by Highland Capital

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Live in a city, yet insist on driving into it to go shopping etc.  I was talking to someone a while ago who lived in Edinburgh.  We got onto talking about the trams and she told me she'd never been on them.  She then said "I have a car so what's the point in taking public transport?"

Well, carbon emissions, finding somewhere to park, paying for parking (not cheap) etc...

Does she live on/near the tram line?  Are there supermarkets on/near the tramline?

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Edinburgh's the most congested city in the UK for exactly this reason, bizarrely when it also has one of the best public transport networks.

It’s also a very small city so you can quite easily walk anywhere (if you’re fit enough of course).

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Does she live on/near the tram line?  Are there supermarkets on/near the tramline?

I assumed he meant shopping as in going into the centre for clothes etc. If he’s talking about weekly food shopping then I agree with taking the car.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I assumed he meant shopping as in going into the centre for clothes etc. If he’s talking about weekly food shopping then I agree with taking the car.

Indeed I was.  We got talking on the trams and she told me she always takes the car when she's goes into Edinburgh city centre.  I couldn't grasp the logic of that.