Calling Cards of Morons

8 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:
Uses the term ‘wagatha Christie’ 

I think I'll need an explanation of that one.

So would I until bbc news spent about 15 minutes on it during my breakfast this morning. 

Wagatha Christie case: What to know as the trial starts https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61349184

It's a sad indication that this is actually news :( Even sadder in that unfortunately, it only gets coverage because there is interest in it :rolleyes:

Morons indeed.

Only heartening thing about it is even the winner is going to come away several hundred thousand pounds worse off, but then you remember these are a pair of vacuous scheme bints who would be working on the till at Superdrug if it wasnae for their multi-millionaire husbands...

10 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Only heartening thing about it is even the winner is going to come away several hundred thousand pounds worse off, but then you remember these are a pair of vacuous scheme bints who would be working on the till at Superdrug if it wasnae for their multi-millionaire husbands...

Are you suggesting schemies with low skilled jobs deserve scorn or have i misunderstood? 

If you are, i disagree. 

14 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Are you suggesting schemies with low skilled jobs deserve scorn or have i misunderstood? 

If you are, i disagree. 

No, I'm not. It's a comment about the fact that this pair of clowns can only afford to take this public bun fight to court because of the fact they married wealth. Without being married to a footballer it's highly, highly unlikely either of them would ever have attained the sort of public profile that would see them having a media-fuelled public slagging match in the first place, nor would they be able to pursue this ridiculous court action that is being driven by nothing but pure ego and vanity.

It's not pouring scorn on people in low-paid, low-profile jobs, it's pouring scorn on this pair of muppets who are only capable of acting like this in the first place because of who they married. You can buy practically anything material courtesy of marrying wealth, but it seems you can't buy dignity or class.

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

No, I'm not. It's a comment about the fact that this pair of clowns can only afford to take this public bun fight to court because of the fact they married wealth. Without being married to a footballer it's highly, highly unlikely either of them would ever have attained the sort of public profile that would see them having a media-fuelled public slagging match in the first place, nor would they be able to pursue this ridiculous court action that is being driven by nothing but pure ego and vanity.

It's not pouring scorn on people in low-paid, low-profile jobs, it's pouring scorn on this pair of muppets who are only capable of acting like this in the first place because of who they married. You can buy practically anything material courtesy of marrying wealth, but it seems you can't buy dignity or class.

I see your point 

Just now, coprolite said:

I see your point 

Cheers.

I'm just a bit annoyed that they can act like this, lose out financially even if the court sides with them, and yet they'll inevitably be all over the papers crowing about how they feel 'vindicated' and won't give two hoots about being worse off by a sum that would take most ordinary people 5-10 years to earn.

It infuriates me how relatively powerless ordinary people are to stand up to bullying by others far more wealthy or powerful than they are, so to see two people indulging their ego like this when it's over not much more than a load of fishwife gossip, and only because they won't feel the financial consequences, really sticks in the craw.

They've both been implored by their lawyers to settle this out of court because of the ridiculous cost involved, the total waste of court time to settle a pissing contest, and the fact that even if they 'win' they'll still be on the hook for costs that far outweigh any award, and yet they're both still absolutely determined to plough on regardless. It's a pity the judge doesn't have the means to slap them both with a contempt charge then just dismiss the case as frivolous

So would I until bbc news spent about 15 minutes on it during my breakfast this morning. 
Wagatha Christie case: What to know as the trial starts https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61349184

Fucking hell. Thanks for reminding me why I generally steer clear of the BBC (other than Sportscene/Sportsound/AVFTT).

It does however give me an excuse to say that my colleague once ordered a black forest gateaux and some Pepsi Max to be flown from Denmark to Finland via helicopter on behalf of Wayne Rooney.

I expect this to be the hot topic for blethers in the office this week. Not complaining because it actually makes me do some work. Last week it was "who's been keeping up with the Jonny Depp court case?" that drove me to spreadsheets. 

29 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

People complaining about leaflets going through their door.

If there's a better example of a first world problem I'd be interested in hearing it?

People dying in Ukraine, 2 years of covid death and a cost of living crisis we haven't seen since the 80s but what really fucks these people up is a sheet of paper coming through their door offering a cheap pizza.

Morons.

Eh?

All that crap coming through my door bothered me for years.  Un-necessary waste of finite resources.

Doesn’t mean you don’t care about the other stuff you mentioned.

ETA I don’t get it now living in the sticks but it’s still a waste of resources.

Edited by Left Back

Eh?
All that crap coming through my door bothered me for years.  Un-necessary waste of finite resources.
Doesn’t mean you don’t care about the other stuff you mentioned.
ETA I don’t get it now living in the sticks but it’s still a waste of resources.
Ironically, claiming that you cant complain about X, because Y is happening somewhere and is much worse than X, is a definite CCOM.

"Can't believe the price of an MOT these days. Brutal"

"Shut the f**k up mate there was an earthquake in Vanuatu yesterday"