Calling Cards of Morons

11 hours ago, Ginaro said:

We all know Florida has a lot of morons, but in recent years they seem to be putting themselves in the path of trains more often. This guy in a Jeep died trying to beat the Brightline train at a crossing having gone around the barrier. 

In Canada and the USA there are a lot of crossings with nothing to indicate the line is still in use or a train is coming.  Often the train driver is blasting the horn almost continuously.  Some freight trains are more than 100 cars long.

Having said that, these examples are just plain stupid.  Probably a mindset of "I'm in my car.  Why should I have to wait for the benefit of people who can't afford a car?"

1 hour ago, ArabGaz said:

Correct etiquette would be to tell the bar staff to serve someone else whilst they make their choice.

Agreed, plus everyone knows what they drink. It's not difficult to have a quick look at what's on draft and what's in the bottles behind the bar. 

Agreed, plus everyone knows what they drink. It's not difficult to have a quick look at what's on draft and what's in the bottles behind the bar. 
Yes, but you still get to the bar and aren't sure what you'll have, which was the original complaint.

55 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I'm not one to stick up for companies, but it's fucking mental how the news bulletin is phrased to push the blame onto the train operator. I guess "killer trains murder local residents" plays better than, "why are some of us so thick? Special report coming up".

Every incident I've seen reported has never been the fault of the train - there's CCTV, dashcam, and driver cab footage showing people driving onto the tracks when they shouldn't be there. 

And sadly the language used is a bit like when someone gets run over and they said "collided with a car".

26 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

In Canada and the USA there are a lot of crossings with nothing to indicate the line is still in use or a train is coming.  Often the train driver is blasting the horn almost continuously.  Some freight trains are more than 100 cars long.

Having said that, these examples are just plain stupid.  Probably a mindset of "I'm in my car.  Why should I have to wait for the benefit of people who can't afford a car?"

This line used to be freight only so probably long waits and slower trains allowed a few extra seconds to beat it at the crossing. Now you have increased frequency of "fast" (80mph) passenger trains on this section, and quiet zones where they don't sound the horn at each crossing. But the trains pass by within 45 seconds, so hardly a long wait - seems like it'll just take time more than anything for drivers to learn.

39 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Sometimes, if I'm in the mood for a dram, I like to peruse the range of whiskies on offer. I wouldn't want to be holding folk up if the bar was busy though. 

12 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

Anyone that shouts out at sports like tennis and golf when it's quiet.

Or in America when some golfer (normally Tiger Woods) teeing off at a par 5 hole is greeted with "get in the hole" after the drive. 

Edited by hearthammer

Or in America when some golfer (normally Tiger Woods) teeing off at a par 5 hole is greeted with "get in the hole" after the drive. 
I quite like the "mashed potato" piss-take shouts in regards to these mental shouts.

On 06/05/2022 at 01:29, GTG_03 said:

Get to the bar and aren't sure what they want. Bonus moron points if they then wait until all drinks are poured and served before searching through their pockets to find their cash/card.

Long rambling order, "oh, and a pint of guinness and two mojitos"

17 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

The trend for "ordinary" pubs to serve time consuming cocktails is abhorrent.

Dunno, a pint of Venom is quite refreshing after a heavy session 

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:
2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

The trend for "ordinary" pubs to serve time consuming cocktails is abhorrent.

My local is being pushed towards trying to be more cocktail orientated. 

I went in Friday and asked for a Paloma (it's what they have been putting up online as a lovely drink and readily available now for well over a week) the barman come back with a pint of Tennents and told me to f**k off to my seat. :lol:

22 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

Anyone that shouts out at sports like tennis and golf when it's quiet.

Bonus moron points for wallopers who shout 'Get in the hole' when someone is taking their tee shot at a 500 odd yard par five. 

40 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Bonus moron points for wallopers who shout 'Get in the hole' when someone is taking their tee shot at a 500 odd yard par five. 

Can i refer the honourable gentleman to the post i made some 23 hours ago further up the page ??

🤣🤣

Anyone over the age of 20 who devalues swearing by overusing it. A pair of old boys were walking a dog behind me last night, and one of them was saying, and I quote, “saw a fuckin film last night. Fuckin, put it on and it only saw eh last fuckin hawf, fuckin … wasnae bad.”

You’re not making your conversation better; you’re just making swearing worse.

Edited by Antlion

2 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Anyone over the age of 20 who devalues swearing by overusing it. A pair of old boys were walking a dog behind me last night, and one of them was saying, and I quote, “saw a fuckin film last night. Fuckin, put it on and it only the saw last fuckin hawf, fuckin … wasnae bad.”

You’re not making your conversation better; you’re just making swearing worse.

Would you like to hear about our lord and saviour Sir John of Lambie?