Calling Cards of Morons

I don’t think it’s moronic to not know the distance and time it takes to get from Inverness to Aberdeen, it’s the ignorance and not being arsed to find out and assuming someone can just ‘nip through on your way back’ that makes you a moron. 

The road structure up here is a joke. It’s 99% single carriageway and there is guys I work with, older, intelligent guys who genuinely think Inverness has motorways running off it. They should know better when asking me or my colleagues to go somewhere.

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

If you’re heading back to Edinburgh from Inverness you’re probably as well going via Aberdeen with the state of the A9 these days.

Mjnd you that will all change when it becomes a 12 lane freeway next year.

Not due to complete until 2025.

https://www.transport.gov.scot/projects/a9-dualling-perth-to-inverness/

Given the progress so far I’d think that’s a tad ambitious.  Dunno about  north of Aviemore but I think only two sections have been completed up to Aviemore so far.

26 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Given the progress so far I’d think that’s a tad ambitious.  Dunno about  north of Aviemore but I think only two sections have been completed up to Aviemore so far.

Two sections in 7 years, so there’s no way it’ll be finished in 3 years time. Only one completed before Covid, not ideal. 

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

You'd be quicker taking the ferry, oh wait...

I think it is somewhat moronic not to know the rough distance (not necessarily driving time) between any two of Scotland's cities.
Many of these people are also in the upper cohorts for complaining about ScotGov, which seems pretty wild if they don't know such basic facts about the country they live in.

Anyway, today's CCoM: boasting about "needing" a coffee before they can get anything done. Chemical dependency is nothing to be proud of and lying about having a chemical dependency is truly bizarre.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Two sections in 7 years, so there’s no way it’ll be finished in 3 years time. Only one completed before Covid, not ideal. 

Back in the day Tthe SNP minority government voted against Edinburgh's trams (a Labour Council idea) to use the money instead to dual the A9. Labour and the Lib Dems (and I think the Tories too) voted to allocate the funding to Edinburgh's trams. 

Had the vote gone the other way the A9 would be dualled by now and Leith Walk wouldn't currently look like a bomb site. 

On 23/04/2022 at 12:18, Sergeant Wilson said:

Here's a picture of Neil Rankin, he has absolutely nothing to do with Dumbarton or any other club, and he definitely isn't a crook or in any way an undesirable individual.

Neil-Rankine.jpg

Barry Grant from Brookside 

9 hours ago, A96 said:

Rubbishing the split in the SPFL top flight on the basis that teams in the bottom half can have more points than teams in the top 6

Thinking it creates 'meaningful' games equally so. 

5 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Many of these people are also in the upper cohorts for complaining about ScotGov, which seems pretty wild if they don't know such basic facts about the country they live in.

I recently berated the Weegies for very rarely venturing beyond Castlecary and therefore knowing f*** all about Scotland outwith Glasgow and 'Doon the Water'.

Having met a few Weegie tourists in Grantown and Sutherland over the past month (one of which smashed a pub's lighting simply attempting to sit on a wall, and another who effectively killed a juvenile fulmar because he ignored a verbal warning about flying a drone far too close to a nesting site), I have to admit that I've completely reversed my view on this.  I now propose that the Castlecary Arches should be concreted up with the complete reinstatement of the Antonine Wall, and would happily support any related crowdfunding project.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I recently berated the Weegies for very rarely venturing beyond Castlecary and therefore knowing f*** all about Scotland outwith Glasgow and 'Doon the Water'.
Having met a few Weegie tourists in Grantown and Sutherland over the past month (one of which smashed a pub's lighting simply attempting to sit on a wall, and another who effectively killed a juvenile fulmar because he ignored a verbal warning about flying a drone far too close to a nesting site), I have to admit that I've completely reversed my view on this.  I now propose that the Castlecary Arches should be concreted up with the complete reinstatement of the Antonine Wall, and would happily support any related crowdfunding project.
So your calling card of a moron here is being a weegie? If so I agree.

2 hours ago, A96 said:

Posting on the Maddie McCann thread to the effect that the British police are out there on a golf holiday .....seemingly oblivious that this line has been done to death

a bit like . . . . . . . . .       is 14 years too soon ???