Calling Cards of Morons

• 1 month later...

Getting up at the crack of dawn on holiday to run down to the pool and battle with all the other reprobates to "reserve" sunbeds, bonus points if you just fling your scabby towel over one when you've got no intention of using it but "just incase".

• 3 weeks later...

Watching the Dundee Utd - Pars highlights has reminded me of one: folk who leave a game of football early when it's a draw or 1 goal in it. I hope the eejit Utd fans heard the equaliser just as they left the ground. 

54 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Watching the Dundee Utd - Pars highlights has reminded me of one: folk who leave a game of football early when it's a draw or 1 goal in it. I hope the eejit Utd fans heard the equaliser just as they left the ground. 

My favourite of this was a Meadow v Bathgate SJC game. With 88mins gone Meadow were losing 1 - 0. A friend left, time for the pub had seen enough.

Meadow scored in 91 & 94 minutes to win 2 - 1.

Hard to tell what better the winning goal or ripping the piss in the pub later about him missing the goals.

25 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

My favourite of this was a Meadow v Bathgate SJC game. With 88mins gone Meadow were losing 1 - 0. A friend left, time for the pub had seen enough.

Hard to tell what better the winning goal or ripping the piss in the pub later about him missing the goals.

Mine was Ashfield v Bonnyrigg in the Junior cup a few years ago. 3-2 for Ashfield in injury time. I was standing right next to an exit, the referee blasted his whistle, I assumed for full time and hurried out to the bar. Speaking to a Bonnyrigg supporter later and commiserated with him.

" Whit dae ye mean pal, we won 4-3".

2 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

At the Falkirk v Partick Thistle cup replay in 1991, I had been working shifts and was knackered, so with 10 minutes left to go and Falkirk 2-3 down I left early as I didn't think Falkirk could get the goals back. By the time I'd got back to the car Falkirk had won 4-3. The one and only time I've left early.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

I remember stories of fans leaving the 2005 Champions League final at half-time when Liverpool was 3-0 down. 

Went to look online, hoping for some compo face article, and found that one guy committed suicide at half time. 

He'd have slotted right in to this thread. 

• 1 month later...

People against animal testing for medical research, just got sent a video of two hysterical middle aged women abusing a security guard calling him a "MURDERIN BASTURT" pretty much any drug you take is available because of animal testing for medical research. 

26 minutes ago, Empty It said:

People against animal testing for medical research, just got sent a video of two hysterical middle aged women abusing a security guard calling him a "MURDERIN BASTURT" pretty much any drug you take is available because of animal testing for medical research. 

Animal testing can get to absolute f**k.

10 minutes ago, Delicate Flower said:

Animal testing can get to absolute f**k.

If you and your family haven't taken any vaccines or medications then fair enough.

I agree with the idea of "animal testing can get to f**k" but hundreds of millions of people would be dead without it.

15 hours ago, Empty It said:

If you and your family haven't taken any vaccines or medications then fair enough.

I agree with the idea of "animal testing can get to f**k" but hundreds of millions of people would be dead without it.

I personally feel that poor, defenceless animals should be nowhere near laboratories and, with a plentiful supply of them at our disposal, 'Tory Testing' would be a far more palatable alternative.

46 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

I personally feel that poor, defenceless animals should be nowhere near laboratories and, with a plentiful supply of them at our disposal, 'Tory Testing' would be a far more palatable alternative.

Unfortunately too many tests would be sabotaged to enduce a slow painful death if Tories were to be used, still not against it though.

• 4 weeks later...

People who buy tickets to an event before they book leave from work and the leave request gets turned rejected.  The mark of a world class moron.

Of course, they take to social media to sell their tickets, you see it all the time 'aww can't make this now'.  9 times out if 10 it'll be because of the above scenario.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

People who buy tickets to an event before they book leave from work and the leave request gets turned rejected.  The mark of a world class moron.

Of course, they take to social media to sell their tickets, you see it all the time 'aww can't make this now'.  9 times out if 10 it'll be because of the above scenario.

Nah disagree on this one. I can't request days off from my work for the following year until November of the current year. So if tickets for something go on sale in July (23) for something in 2024 I would have to wait until November (23) to request the time off. So I need to take the chance and hope I get the day off as the tickets would undoubtedly be sold out by the time I have leave OK'd. I guess that's the case for a lot of folk. 

Edited by 19QOS19