The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

1 minute ago, Iminavest said:

"I'd rather the fast cars at the front where they should be" is nonsense from Brundle.

Up there with "too big a team to be relegated"

I always thought that was the whole point of qualifying. 😆

I miss Murray Walker and his Murrayisms.

That is some effort from Alfa Romeo

Zhou Guanyu an absolute star today,  Bottas doing a good job as well.

Both Alfas embarrassing Ferrari.

Noted that Hamilton was at the head of the queue that held up Russell on his out lap. Russell then got passed by Bottas and Gasly and couldn't move out of the queue, probably raging about everyone else around him and forgot to accelerate. 😆

2 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

That is some effort from Alfa Romeo

Zhou Guanyu an absolute star today,  Bottas doing a good job as well.

Both Alfas embarrassing Ferrari.

Noted that Hamilton was at the head of the queue that held up Russell on his out lap. Russell then got passed by Bottas and Gasly and couldn't move out of the queue, probably raging about everyone else around him and forgot to accelerate. 😆

I do think that Alfa were the standout today. Them being competitive again would really shake up the pack. I would say the Alpines plus Stroll are in bother if the likes of AR and McLaren suddenly turn it on. 

On Alphatauri.... It is a riddy for Tsunoda to get outqualified by a guy who's just stepped into that car.

George Russell claims he got ‘screwed’

https://formula1news.co.uk/george-russell-claims-he-got-screwed/

3 minutes ago, V.Aye.R said:

I do think that Alfa were the standout today. Them being competitive again would really shake up the pack. I would say the Alpines plus Stroll are in bother if the likes of AR and McLaren suddenly turn it on. 

On Alphatauri.... It is a riddy for Tsunoda to get outqualified by a guy who's just stepped into that car.

I don't know what happened to Tsunoda but the gap between them was only 0.013.

Earlier I started but aborted a post before the qualifying started that if any driver is out qualified or out raced tomorrow (not including mechanical issues) by Ricciardo they should just give up F1 and go of and become a taxi driver or a bus driver. Seemingly 'too nice' George might benefit from a week or so as a taxi driver in London and learn to be more forceful and agressive waiting in queues. He should have stepped out of the queue in front of Gasly forcing him to break suddenly and shouted ''I was here first'' before showing the middle finger to the Frenchman.