The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

42 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Did Yuki Tsunoda have money on LeClerc? Looked like he forgot to brake and Carlos Sainz just wanting to join the chaos. 

LeClerc - "it was quite a shit lap I thought" 🤣

I wasn’t expecting Tsunoda to do another run as he’d just finished a flying lap as the others left the pits, and thought he’d box as they were starting their flying laps.

2 hours ago, IainMorton said:

I wasn’t expecting Tsunoda to do another run as he’d just finished a flying lap as the others left the pits, and thought he’d box as they were starting their flying laps.

I think it is a shame that the red flags stop late runs however as I was looking forward to seeing the battle for pole. 

It does seem unfair.

Perhaps if there is less than 2 minutes left and a red flag is shown they should allow one final lap by all those who were on the track at the time of the incident (barring the person who caused it obviously) to ensure no one is unfairly disadvantaged.

Could be a great start line tomorrow, with jos right behind Hamilton.

Is it usually a good race at this track, or more if a procession? And what time does it start?

Earlier than normal start. 1pm
Not the best track for racing. Presumably there will be plenty of mistakes and 1+ safety cars to keep things interesting though.
90% of overtakes will be on the start/finish straight (which is almost too long).