The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

• 2 weeks later...

Albon confirmed at Red Bull next year. Has done well since going there so fair enough but Red Bull have painted themselves into a corner with the approach of only using their drivers. Doubt both Gasly and Kvyat would have kept their Toro Rosso seats if there was anyone decent coming through. Gasly perhaps got promoted too soon and deserves another chance but I can think of other drivers Red Bull have dumped for less.

The disappointing thing is it looks like there will be just two driver changes for next season - Ocon in for Hulkenberg at Renault and whoever replaces Kubica at Williams, probably Latifi. There was a lot of change this year so it perhaps balances it out but I don't think I can ever recall such stability between seasons. Disappointing too there will probably only be one rookie.

Dear oh dear oh dear seb
And wtf are mercedes thinking???

Definitely Vettel's fault, Leclerc doesn't move a mm from the line he was on.

Not sure Hamilton will get a penalty, as much as it would please me greatly. Albon left a huge gap and tried to close the door far too late.