The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

2 hours ago, Stu said:

It's amazing that they have been caught cheating, admitted they were cheating and yet are playing the victim card and saying they are the ones who should be getting an apology. They effectively got to pick their own punishment too and are trying not to laugh while telling everyone who detrimental it will all be.

Don't agree that it tarnishes the title but there should have been a harsher punishment. Everyone else stayed within the limit so no reason they couldn't. Their excuses don't cut it.

Presumably when the cost caps and punishments to be given per severity of breach were put in place, the teams would have agreed or at least known what they were? Ferrari etc crying about it being light are acting like it's a massive surprise 😂

The idea that Hamilton was robbed after everything that went on that season is laughable. 

One of the most deserved titles I can remember in a long time. If he'd had better luck/not been smashed off twice by mercedes it wouldn't have even been close. 

Only the most biased could genuinely believe it. Folk who trot this chat out again and again just embarrass themselves. 

7 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Ted, Lazenby and Crofty have been bitter all season, surprised it took this long for Verstappen to notice.

Lazenby was raging just before fp1 on Friday ....Ted is Ferrari fan what he said was mostly in jest but aye it's about time RB told sky UK to gtf they are more biased than what sky Italia are to Ferrari 

10 minutes ago, V.Aye.R said:

Along with Spa, this has to be one of the best GPs to go to as a fan. That stadium section looks class. 

As a racing purist I still can't quite get over what they've done to one of the best corners in the world, however if I was going to the race I would 100% be wanting to experience that stadium section.  

16 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Stupid for Russell to come in and do the same strategy as Lewis but slower.

Aye, pointless. Leave him out at he might stretch the mediums far enough to go to softs and challenge for the win.

Worst case scenario he can't go far enough, puts the hards on and finishes 4th anyway.

This race has been very boring.