Rovers v East Fife - Christmas spectacular

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not normally an advocate of changing goalkeepers, but for the good of the back four, Thomson needs a spell on the bench.

The entire defence is constantly panicked when the ball is in play, and at each other's throats when it's out of play.

Davidson undoubtedly at fault for the second, misreading a bouncing ball, but it feels like an inevitable result of all this second guessing the defenders have been doing for months now.

HT
Raith Rovers 0-2 East Fife
We've looked very comfy, a lot of huffing and puffing from Raith but they've done nothing!!!
Better team is winning, but it's not over, we've seen us 3-0 up at HT this season and it didn't end well!!!

This is awful, we’ve lost our home record to this lot now. According to a few of my mates. East Fife look like the full time side. Totally ripping us apart
I wouldn't say they're ripping us apart, but they are very, very happy watching us pass it back and forth, then capitalise on our mistakes. Rovers have had so much of the ball, we can only be the architects of our own downfall.

Looks like Vaughan is coming on at half time. Absolutely the right choice - we need something a little more dynamic in the middle.

Just now, Honestmen said:

Same patter for 2 yrs now

We had an excellent defence the first half of last season - it's what kept us competing with Ayr despite Ayr scoring 4 goals every week. 

This time next season it'll be right enough, granted. 

This is all very Rovers. Do Arbroath away then lose to the mingers. Shooting the wrong way in the second half which removes the traditional charge of the light brigade towards the south stand. Fingers oot Rovers.

ETA Slavering pish re shooting towards home end. Misread official site updates.

This really isn't very good at all. Thomson getting plenty stick from players and fans alike and I agree with RATM - he doesn't inspire confidence. The goal kick to Murray is as ineffective as it is predictable and the playing out from full back positions isn't working either. Midfield is full of ghosts and Flannagan / Armstrong not pulling their inconsiderable weights. Raith to win 7-6.

Archived