The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is widely known, but stumbled across it on Twitter this afternoon and it makes for fairly unpleasant reading.

Hope you get the job done against Accies. You lot are due a return to the big leagues after the past few seasons.

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is widely known, but stumbled across it on Twitter this afternoon and it makes for fairly unpleasant reading.

Hope you get the job done against Accies. You lot are due a return to the big leagues after the past few seasons.

Bit of a grim read that, looks like he'll plead guilty and rightly so.

He won't play for Airdrie again and surprised he's still been featuring in squads as surely the club knew this was going on. 

6 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Hi guys,

Just seen that myself, must be the first it's been made public. He better not be in the squad on Saturday and tbf i don't think there was any chance of him staying but we better not see him again

5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Hi guys,

I've certainly not seen it mentioned anywhere, so it must have been kept pretty quiet. It seems like he knows he's in the wrong and even if you take his initial version of events, it's not a good look and very poor behaviour. I suspect he'll be off to the Lowland League or West of Scotland in the summer anyway but would be surprised if he featured on Saturday now, not that he was likely to anyway.

3 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

That is grim. He could be in a fair bit of bother here considering how high profile (and rightly so) consent based issues are currently.

Yeah especially with the fact he handed himself in, I don't think his version of events really says any different. Hope the girl's alright and gets the outcome she deserves.

1 minute ago, Diamonds02 said:

Yeah especially with the fact he handed himself in, I don't think his version of events really says any different. Hope the girl's alright and gets the outcome she deserves.

The fact he’s handed himself in and has admitted his wrongdoing might actually reduce what ever punishment he’ll receive.

2 hours ago, AJ77 said:

Bit of a grim read that, looks like he'll plead guilty and rightly so.

He won't play for Airdrie again and surprised he's still been featuring in squads as surely the club knew this was going on. 

Given the fact the article says he’s up in front of a jury, it doesn’t look like he’s pleading guilty and having read this it’s absolutely grim and I cannot see how he won’t be convicted. He should be no where near us or any other club again.  I sincerely hope we did not know about this.

Edited by She who dares gins

2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

That’s pretty grim reading, will lead to some whatabouttery on football twitter but hopefully the victim is okay.

Replies and quote tweets are exactly as you’d expect. Strange bunch 

Financially the play-offs must have been a big boost to the club. Across the 2 games that's around 6 thousand fans, say an average ticket price of £15 that's around £90k, plus hospitality etc. I know putting the games on involves a not insignificant cost, however that's still a big chunk extra which can hopefully go towards a competitive squad next season. Our prize money for the whole season is £104k, the receipts from these 2 games alone aren't far off matching that.

18 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Financially the play-offs must have been a big boost to the club. Across the 2 games that's around 6 thousand fans, say an average ticket price of £15 that's around £90k, plus hospitality etc. I know putting the games on involves a not insignificant cost, however that's still a big chunk extra which can hopefully go towards a competitive squad next season. Our prize money for the whole season is £104k, the receipts from these 2 games alone aren't far off matching that.

I read that the home club get 15% for expenses and any hospitality income. 50% goes to SPFL and remainder split between the two teams.

so 32.5% of the gate to the home team, 17.5% to the away team

Not a huge money spinner.

11 minutes ago, Elgindiamond said:

I read that the home club get 15% for expenses and any hospitality income. 50% goes to SPFL and remainder split between the two teams.

so 32.5% of the gate to the home team, 17.5% to the away team

Not a huge money spinner.

Where did you read this? I know Premiership play-offs take a cut to fund parachute payments. Never heard of anything about lower league play-offs doing this though. Why is there a need to split the gates when there is a home and away leg?

7 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Nice to see Sandy Stewart before the game too

Even better when having been awarded two seats in hospitality we shared the table and chat,  with Sandy and Scott before he went off to wave. I did miss however the outside atmosphere shared with your good self. Still relaxed about Saturday but let's go for it.