The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

That’s Salim been convicted. Get him fucking binned. As said previously, he’d have got released anyway but he should be getting punted immediately with a strong statement from the club. Which I’m hoping to see ASAP. Would also be good for the club to clarify what they knew and when as I will not be happy if he’s been in the squad and playing with the knowledge of this case within the club (though I appreciate why they couldn’t get rid of him until the case was over). 

I'd imagine with the Rico court case the club will have been reluctant to comment.  As said previously the innocent until proven has been applied and salim has still been part of the squad.  It does seem he's admitted it so wether he's told the club the full story I'd think probably not as if he admitted it months ago he should have been straight out the door.    Atleast admiting his wrong doing but the poor lassie having to go through a court to describe it all over again is a disgusting thing for him to put her through.  

1 hour ago, airdrieman said:

That’s Salim been convicted. Get him fucking binned. As said previously, he’d have got released anyway but he should be getting punted immediately with a strong statement from the club. Which I’m hoping to see ASAP. Would also be good for the club to clarify what they knew and when as I will not be happy if he’s been in the squad and playing with the knowledge of this case within the club (though I appreciate why they couldn’t get rid of him until the case was over). 

Just read the STV Article, didn’t want to click on The Sun’s. He was on trial on Wednesday then on the bench later that evening? That’s appalling. He should have been suspended, or even put on some sort of gardening leave, as soon as the club knew they were legal proceedings against him. Hoping to see a statement announcing his release tonight or tomorrow morning as a minimum. 

9 hours ago, Sage Monkey said:

I'm sorry, but guilt or innocence is irrelevant here, what he has admitted to is utterly reprehensible.

He admits to entering a womans bedroom in the middle of the night without any invitation. He then admits to getting into bed with her, again without any invitation. Given that at this point he has made no physical contact, he may not have broken any law. However, he has gone a long, long way past what is morally acceptable. Anything further just makes things worse. An utter disgrace, don't want him playing for my team, ever again.

And that’s how to lose an industrial tribunal in a single paragraph.

I wouldn’t have him near my team selection, but removing him from websites or even training without due process isn’t going to end well for the club (even assuming club knew details of his defence). And innocent until proven guilty is one of the hallmarks of a civilised society.

I'm a bit confused by some of the comments and reporting but if he was up before a jury in Glasgow Sheriff Court then to clarify for you guys it's the culmination of a lengthy process:

He would have appeared at first on Petition and presumably as he's been at large been granted bail, presumably with conditions like not to approach the victim concerned.

When this was I can't say but under the law the Crown have a year and a day to serve an indictment detailing charges on any accused who is not remanded in custody.

The next stage is appearance at what's called a First Diet where parties inform the Court whether they are ready to go to trial and a Guilty plea can be tendered at this stage. If parties aren't ready the case can be continued a couple of weeks or put off to another trial date, usually months ahead.

The trial will then take place. There's usually other jury trials scheduled to make sure when juries have been cited that there is business that can be proceeded with. A Guilty plea can still be tendered at this stage.

Given the trial had gone ahead it would appear a Not Guilty plea has been adhered to. This could have been on the basis of legal advice from the player's lawyer (or Advocate) of course.

Given the date of the offence is reported as October 2021 it could be that the case has actually been going for a year and a half. This is all speculation as the background to the prosecution and subsequent court process isn't known but it does suggest there may be difficult questions for the club to answer as to what was known and when.

And I doubt Kaider-Aissou will kick a ball for anyone after this either.

The club are right to wait for due process to run its course, but he shouldn't have been anywhere near the teamsheet with this kind of allegation hanging over his head. I certainly don't want to see him in the squad for today or indeed ever again.

He should be released asap imo, although if his contract expiry is imminent, releasing him at that point to avoid any kind of extra outlay is hardly the end of the universe as the functional outcome is the same.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I'm a bit confused by some of the comments and reporting but if he was up before a jury in Glasgow Sheriff Court then to clarify for you guys it's the culmination of a lengthy process:

He would have appeared at first on Petition and presumably as he's been at large been granted bail, presumably with conditions like not to approach the victim concerned.

When this was I can't say but under the law the Crown have a year and a day to serve an indictment detailing charges on any accused who is not remanded in custody.

The next stage is appearance at what's called a First Diet where parties inform the Court whether they are ready to go to trial and a Guilty plea can be tendered at this stage. If parties aren't ready the case can be continued a couple of weeks or put off to another trial date, usually months ahead.

The trial will then take place. There's usually other jury trials scheduled to make sure when juries have been cited that there is business that can be proceeded with. A Guilty plea can still be tendered at this stage.

Given the trial had gone ahead it would appear a Not Guilty plea has been adhered to. This could have been on the basis of legal advice from the player's lawyer (or Advocate) of course.

Given the date of the offence is reported as October 2021 it could be that the case has actually been going for a year and a half. This is all speculation as the background to the prosecution and subsequent court process isn't known but it does suggest there may be difficult questions for the club to answer as to what was known and when.

And I doubt Kaider-Aissou will kick a ball for anyone after this either.

Having spent a good number of years in and around courts (not in the dock) it does seem incredible that this hasn’t become public knowledge until the trial started. However it doesn’t seem to have been picked up anywhere, including in the media, until now either. I’m sure things will be clarified by the club and I’ll wait to see. 

Outstanding what has been achieved this season when you factor in all things considered.

I thought it was a massive gamble but it has certainly paid off, great achievement getting out the division when you had the likes of Falkirk and Dunfermline to compete against.

Now it’s my turn to bring silverware back to Airdrie playing in the eScottish cup tomorrow for Airdrie at Hampden  😂

3 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

Outstanding what has been achieved this season when you factor in all things considered.

I thought it was a massive gamble but it has certainly paid off, great achievement getting out the division when you had the likes of Falkirk and Dunfermline to compete against.

Now it’s my turn to bring silverware back to Airdrie playing in the eScottish cup tomorrow for Airdrie at Hampden  😂

Make it happen mate!!! 🏆

47 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

Good luck man let us know how you get on!