Ross "Wandering Hands" Thomson

jamieson87

1 hour ago, beefybake said:

Actually, I got 'touched up' , as a mid teen, by a middle aged hotel manager when I went looking for summer holiday work.

It was a shock. I was still basically a kid.  Told my parents. They didn't do anything.  

However, when MP's are in the bar, they're grown people.... this all seems like rather petty stuff, and somewhat contrived at this particular time.

Aye, sexual assault is ok when you’re all grown adults right enough. 

7 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Aye, sexual assault is ok when you’re all grown adults right enough. 

Well, no, of course it isn't.   When I posted, I hadn't quite realised the full spectrum of allegations against Mr Thompson.

Edited by beefybake

Word on the street is he isnt standing because nobody at the local party would sign his election candidate papers [emoji23]

His nickname within the Vermin Party (scumbag tories) has apparently been “SNP Gain” for over a year. This would not surprise me in the slightest, in addition to being an alleged sexual assaulter, he’s also an incompetent moron and hated throughout the city. A genuinely horrible excuse for a human being.

Not the brightest comment I've made, and I agree with you. 
My experience was, standing, facing the bloke, him telling me about the work,  standing a bit too close, and putting his hands on my waist.
Nothing genital.  Just the absolute feeling that this wasn't at all right.
I left as quickly as I could disengage from the conversation.
( And didn't take the job. )

Fair do’s too you, takes a decent chap to admit they are wrong.

17 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Depends how old the woman is. There's generally a bit more equivalence of power between men, both being back benchers. If someone tried to stick their hand down my trousers I would "forcefully tell them to desist", smack them in the mouth or ask the HOC bouncer/Tory chief whip to deal with him. I wouldn't wait a year, just before an election, to make a fuss about it, because it would make me look bad if it was public that a Tory cokehead had sexually assaulted me.

You think victims of sexual assault "look bad" and have something to be ashamed of? Interesting.

9 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

You think victims of sexual assault "look bad" and have something to be ashamed of? Interesting.

That's why the victim in this case said he didn't make it public earlier.

The 30-year-old MP said he initially feared speaking out about what happened because he did not want to be labelled as ‘the MP who was sexually assaulted’.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7644115/Tory-MP-tried-stick-hand-trousers-says-male-Labour-MP.html

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, sophia said:

Richard Leonard has spoken and he doesn't know "the ins and outs" of the matter.

Probably doesn't even know who this guy Sweeney is tbf....may have to ask James Kelly...and he struggles with what day it is!!

2 hours ago, Utter Roaster said:

Picked up the post on the way out to work this morning, and it was an election leaflet from the bold Mr Thomson! 'Standing up for Aberdeen South' apparently. 

Absolutely nothing substantive in the way of policies or achievements, just SNP baaaaaaaad! 

Not read it yet. Should I bother or wait for the new one with Douglas Lumsden's picture and the same anti indref2 diatribe beside it?

3 hours ago, Utter Roaster said:

Picked up the post on the way out to work this morning, and it was an election leaflet from the bold Mr Thomson! 'Standing up for Aberdeen South' apparently. 

Absolutely nothing substantive in the way of policies or achievements, just SNP baaaaaaaad! 

That isn't a massive surprise.  In the last council elections they didn't bother with policies or a manifesto and just went with SNP bad as their whole reason for existing.