A View From The Terrace.

United's central midfield has been very weak this season so hearing Mochrie being compared to Zidane is great.

It's also annoying that he's on loan at Montrose whilst we have to endure Ian Harkes running around like a headless chicken, unable to complete a 5 yard pass.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

Wick: an unusual town with very unusual people.

Me and the family went on a holiday to Orkney about 15 years ago, the most reasonably priced ferry was early on a Monday morning so I decided I was going to drive up on the Sunday and stay overnight rather than leave at 2am. I managed to get a cheap BnB in Wick, got there early Sunday afternoon, asked the landlady for a recommendation for eating out and she told us "och, there will be no where open on a Sunday. I could do you and wife and son half board for an extra £5 each". 

I told her we were going for a wee wander round the town and would let her know. Upon seeing she was telling the truth we were back 15 minutes later asking "what's for dinner?"

It was disgusting mince n totties, not worth a fiver.

Also, Somerset Park isn’t that great. Well, the away end isn't anyway. It’s just that it’s one of the few remaining terraced grounds.

The sheer and utter vandalism thats been carried out to the likes of Fir Park and East End Park, has sadly left Somerset Park as one of the few terraced grounds left, but it’s not the finest example, it’s just fortunate to have remained untouched.

Edited by Scary Bear

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Also, Somerset Park isn’t that great. Well, the away end isn't anyway. It’s just that it’s one of the few remaining terraced grounds.

The sheer and utter vandalism thats been carried out to the likes of Fir Park and East End Park, has sadly left Somerset Park as one of the few terraced grounds left, but it’s not the finest example, it’s just fortunate to have remained untouched.

Cappielow is a better terrace for home fans but not for away. They've taped off the nearest sections of the fence at Somerset so the crossover between home and away is relatively tame now even compared to ten years ago.

Funny seeing Wick on the telly. Though going to the Bridge Street Cafe when they could have gone to McDonalds bakery shows a terrible lack of judgement on behalf of the camera crew.

Pretty sad stuff on Lewis Vaughan. The injuries he's had are ridiculous.

You can only hope that Lewis Vaughan gets a break some time, such a good player.

As I'm only really bothered with a good view of the game and a comfy seat, I am also in the Somerset is rubbish camp, but I do like going to Ayr.