A View From The Terrace.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Nothing about our (Dunfermline) win at Airdrie?! Just a comeback from 3 nil down with 30 minutes to go to win 3-4. Regular occurrence I suppose not worth a mention.

Also on topic, we've not lost a home game all season and we're playing Airdrie. Surprisingly no one picked it for the banker (watch as it's a 0-0 draw).

Did they not say Dunfermline was included in their definition of the central belt?

On 23/02/2023 at 21:18, LIVIFOREVER said:

Looking forward to the piece on Scotty P.

image.png.7a73024c64359c61fcbf50f1725e4a53.png

We've been over the 'Livi are c***s' thing and I'm aware it's been done to death.

But it's absolutely depressing that a show of the type of AVFTT treats Livi like a legitimate fitba club. An English equivalent to this show would NEVER feature the MK Franchise. Fanzine and fan culture in general absolutely and openly abhors them. Yet, in Scotland, nothing.

Scottish fitba's cultural acceptance of Livi continues to utterly dismay me. Get them to f**k.

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

FTFY

Responses like this are what I mean. 'Stop it, it's boring'. Yet, talk about B teams and everyone loses their minds.

Everyone's just cool with Livi.

The comparison with MK Dons is startling. A show like AVFTT covering English fitba wouldn't dream of treating them with anything approaching respect. Look at how MK remain pariahs to this day.

Yet in Scotland absolutely nobody cares, despite our fitba apparently being more 'raw' and 'real' etc.

It's strange. Anyway.

52 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Responses like this are what I mean. 'Stop it, it's boring'. Yet, talk about B teams and everyone loses their minds.

Everyone's just cool with Livi.

The comparison with MK Dons is startling. A show like AVFTT covering English fitba wouldn't dream of treating them with anything approaching respect. Look at how MK remain pariahs to this day.

Yet in Scotland absolutely nobody cares, despite our fitba apparently being more 'raw' and 'real' etc.

It's strange. Anyway.

The comparison may be startling but it’s not exactly the same scenario though, is it?

When they were Ferranti Thistle, I’m sure they had to change their name (and location) to Meadowbank upon entry to the Scottish League system as the rules didn’t allow company/business names.

Then the move from Meadowbank to Livingston, around 30 years ago now, was mainly due to financial difficulty. They would’ve folded had they remained there, or so I believe.

To suggest staying put and fold is a preferred alternative, I think is a bit iffy. Even at that, the move was only about 15 miles away.

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

The comparison may be startling but it’s not exactly the same scenario though, is it?

When they were Ferranti Thistle, I’m sure they had to change their name (and location) to Meadowbank upon entry to the Scottish League system as the rules didn’t allow company/business names.

Then the move from Meadowbank to Livingston, around 30 years ago now, was mainly due to financial difficulty. They would’ve folded had they remained there, or so I believe.

To suggest staying put and fold is a preferred alternative, I think is a bit iffy. Even at that, the move was only about 15 miles away.

Not derailing this thread with an in-depth conversation that I've had before and that you can find by searching the Livi thread itself. My comment relates to the content of AVFTT.

Suffice to say, I feel your representation of the situation is incorrect, as detailed at great length elsewhere.

Edited by VincentGuerin

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Then the move from Meadowbank to Livingston, around 30 years ago now, was mainly due to financial difficulty. They would’ve folded had they remained there, or so I believe. To suggest staying put and fold is a preferred alternative, I think is a bit iffy.

Surely only a meaningless expendable company would've folded. The immortal ethereal essence of the club would've floated off and attached itself to another meaningless expendable company in due course, according to the fiction concocted for the gullible.

6 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Not derailing this thread with an in-depth conversation that I've had before and that you can find by searching the Livi thread itself. My comment relates to the content of AVFTT.

Which I think is a shame, because Pittman’s story is a pretty incredible one which you take objection to simply due to the club he plays for.

13 minutes ago, AJF said:

Which I think is a shame, because Pittman’s story is a pretty incredible one which you take objection to simply due to the club he plays for.

Well, yes. The club being covered is a pretty big part of any fitba story. 'Livi legend' passed off as a good thing and with no comment.

This is what I mean about the differing coverage between England and supposedly more authentic Scotland. You'd simply never get coverage of MK Dons like this in an English fanzine show, or something that passes itself off as a modern/right-on kind of football coverage.

Regardless of the player. Nobody at MK Dons would be afforded this sort of coverage.

It would be interesting to know how MK Dons would be covered were they a top tier side, and had won a cup etc like Livi have. Fortunately, they've achieved neither of these things. But the difference in treatment of two very, very similar situations is quite noticeable.

I suppose in reference to AVFTT, the presenters generally seem quite young and their not remembering what happened combined with the general fitba community apathy to it explains why they'd have no objection to Livi. But I have a huge objection to Livi, and I think anyone who cares about football governance should do too.

This grates in comparison with the tone of AVFTT in general. For example, consider how you think the show would cover the theft of Meadowbank were it taking place currently.

Edited by VincentGuerin

28 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Well, yes. The club being covered is a pretty big part of any fitba story. 'Livi legend' passed off as a good thing and with no comment.

This is what I mean about the differing coverage between England and supposedly more authentic Scotland. You'd simply never get coverage of MK Dons like this in an English fanzine show, or something that passes itself off as a modern/right-on kind of football coverage.

Regardless of the player. Nobody at MK Dons would be afforded this sort of coverage.

It would be interesting to know how MK Dons would be covered were they a top tier side, and had won a cup etc like Livi have. Fortunately, they've achieved neither of these things. But the difference in treatment of two very, very similar situations is quite noticeable.

I suppose in reference to AVFTT, the presenters generally seem quite young and their not remembering what happened combined with the general fitba community apathy to it explains why they'd have no objection to Livi. But I have a huge objection to Livi, and I think anyone who cares about football governance should do too.

This grates in comparison with the tone of AVFTT in general. For example, consider how you think the show would cover the theft of Meadowbank were it taking place currently.

I dislike Livingston more than most, mainly due to Dundee's relegation at their cheating hands with a certain ineligible player. 

However, your take on Livingston is wild. Absolutely take the piss out of plastic fans and plastic pitches, but not to recognise them as a legitimate club is wild.

Were you a Meadowbank fan before? Or did Marcio Maximo pump your other half?

Edited by johnnydun