A View From The Terrace.

10 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Well, since that fuckwit Borthwick has just said that Motherwell won't win another game this season, get your pension on them beating Saints on Wednesday  

Nah, they will beat us today. Then go back to losing ways on Wednesday. It does beg the question though. Tam cowan says that “if ever a team need a result, they always play Motherwell next” what happens when that team is Motherwell? 
Also, has Shaughan? been dropped? 

41 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I listen to the podcast every week, including the Patreon but I have to say I’ve just never got into this. Watched a bit last night and it just doesn’t do it for me. 

You're exactly the same as myself. I slam it a bit but I enjoy the pods. 

It must be their faces.

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

You're exactly the same as myself. I slam it a bit but I enjoy the pods. 

It must be their faces.

I think it’s because I’m a boring b*****d and I just enjoy listening to folk just chatting about Scottish football.

Once it enters the realms of ‘features’ and trying quite hard to be funny I just switch off. Not really a criticism, just my preference.  

4 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Nah, they will beat us today. Then go back to losing ways on Wednesday. It does beg the question though. Tam cowan says that “if ever a team need a result, they always play Motherwell next” what happens when that team is Motherwell? 

I've heard fans of most teams say the same thing about their team. It isn't exclusive to Motherwell, despite the ramblings of Tam Cowan.

On 10/02/2023 at 22:29, Flybhoy said:

Celtic and Rangers only really feature on it sporadically in all honesty, I really enjoyed the feature last week on the girl with the sight loss who was benefiting from the commentary for the visually impaired, the fact she was a Celtic supporter was neither here nor there for me in all honesty. 

It is heavily weighted towards coverage and features of all clubs at all levels, including women's football but, naturally there will be times both the big Glasgow clubs will feature, are you seriously advocating not acknowledging them purely in the interests of diddy solidarity balancing out the mainstream media's erse cheek wankfest?

Sounds good to me.

I do enjoy it but the only thing that jars (maybe a little harsh) is the end of the features part where they cut back and don't mention the content of a feature. I'm guessing that's a 'podcast' style but conditioning from years of watching 'normal' show formatting means it sticks out for me. Probably more of a personal preference though.

Especially true as some of the features are excellent and I would sometimes like them to talk a bit about them.  

That Drumchapel mob are one of the strangest clubs I've seen Elgin play. A lot of the fans seemed to only know the players by number and the entire club were convinced that a frozen pitch after a week of sub-zero temperatures could only be a conspiracy. Half of the mutant fans were wearing old firm jackets and hats too.

On 11/02/2023 at 09:23, buchan30 said:

He was on Twitter showing of his shirts for the new series. Got a mention on the first episode back as was joked he fell on the ice and hurt his hip taking his milk bottles in and for last weeks episode I imagine he was at the Dundee v Raith game as would been when the recording was. Hoping he is the starting team on Wednesday 

Hello all, this is a polite reminder that A View from the Terrace is on screens tonight @ 10:30pm on the BBC Scotland channel.

I'm pleased to report that popular panelist Shaughan McGuigan has recovered from his ailments and will be back in the studio this evening.

I hope to see you there!

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Hello all, this is a polite reminder that A View from the Terrace is on screens tonight @ 10:30pm on the BBC Scotland channel.

I'm pleased to report that popular panelist Shaughan McGuigan has recovered from his ailments and will be back in the studio this evening.

I hope to see you there!

QB_VtmmUzluyCRj1JWllNvWoKiU=.gif

'You can put something from Scottish Football into the bin'.

Sitting wondering if one of them would say sectarianism/CELTGERS...  Shat it. 

Nah, lets have a Q from a lad in Inverness about the Rangers in the next item. 

I was an early adopter of the show, clearly I still watch it, but it's looking tired and has lost some of it's charm; for me this is partially down to the recent inclusion of what was the OF. They have every back page, radio programme and the rest of the Telly. That's more than enough. 

Nothing about our (Dunfermline) win at Airdrie?! Just a comeback from 3 nil down with 30 minutes to go to win 3-4. Regular occurrence I suppose not worth a mention.

Also on topic, we've not lost a home game all season and we're playing Airdrie. Surprisingly no one picked it for the banker (watch as it's a 0-0 draw).

Edited by DA Baracus

On 11/02/2023 at 12:30, Dons_1988 said:

I think it’s because I’m a boring b*****d and I just enjoy listening to folk just chatting about Scottish football.

Once it enters the realms of ‘features’ and trying quite hard to be funny I just switch off. Not really a criticism, just my preference.  

I reckon the editing and direction takes some of the blame. The forced hand gestures and musical interludes actually serve to make whatever's being said less funny, and I reckon the way in which the conversation cuts about means that a decent portion is edited out, possibly funnier stuff.

That said I thought tonight's episode was fine, not as good as the podcasts but one of the better ones I've watched. 

Ideally they'd just mimic the podcast format but I don't think that's something BBC Scotland would be comfortable broadcasting. It is a compromise product I suppose. 

Never been able to get into it. Some features I've seen have been OK (though the KRR one wasn't) but to me it's just mostly young, mostly white, mostly male people struggling unsuccessfully to make the scripted look off-the-cuff and I switch over for the Freeview 20 New Tricks repeat instead.