A View From The Terrace.

Is that what Pablo Escobar did?
I toke it this never happens in the central belt?
I know you work offshore but you cant seriously tell me you havent noticed the incredible ratio of self important wanks across all disciplines?

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

It happens in a similar way in the central belt but the people doing it aren’t acting like Bill Gates apprentice because they get £1800 quid a week. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
9 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I know you work offshore but you cant seriously tell me you havent noticed the incredible ratio of self important wanks across all disciplines?

Johnnydun works offshore :lol: fart sake. Absolute confirmed whopper. 

I did wonder why he perked up when I mentioned off shore workers. I bet he’s one of the ones in that pub in Dyce asking the barman for change of a £100 note for a shot of the puggy. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
35 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Ageee with this, Ive worked offshore and in Aberdeen since I was 19 and the alpha male self importance type attitude is nauseating. Thick c***s who think their opinion is valued more in a pub because they get paid more despite their job requiring next to no intelligence. The same bell ends who post about their work on facebook like its linkedin just to make sure every c**t knows they work offshore and that they have a ridiculous car on lease that amounts to a monthly mortgage payment.

Edited by gannonball

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
18 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

9 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Johnnydun works offshore :lol: fart sake. Absolute confirmed whopper. 

I did, for 18 years, not been offshore in over 3 years now. 

I think you will find it is those not from Aberdeen/shire that are the ones with most arrogance, being connected to the industry in some way in Aberdeen is nothing new and the locals don't get arrogant about it, because most are connected to the industry in some form.

The arrogance comes mostly from, like you say @IrishBhoy, the others coming up from other places to work.

Edited by johnnydun

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I think you will find it is those not from Aberdeen/shire that are the ones with most arrogance, being connected to the industry in some way in Aberdeen is nothing new and the locals don't get arrogant about it, because most are connected to the industry in some form.

The arrogance comes mostly from, like you say @IrishBhoy, the others coming up from other places to work.

I did say in my post it was majority English guys that were acting the goat. I was talking to one of them in the toilet (well he was speaking to me tbf) and he was  from Hull. I heard Geordie/Sunderland accents and a few more southern. It wasn’t any particular thing they done, it was the way they came in and just assumed they were taking over the pub. Have you been in that pub before? After I had been in I was told that was the offshore workers first stop. 

12 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

That's not my experience. By far the worst of the "self made man" full of himself North Sea Tiger type was from the North East. Especially the older ones. Fucking dinosaurs who had the best days of the industry and cant fathom out the increasing lack of loyalty to companies/lack of willingness to bend over and take the shaft. The chavvy scummy train home behaviour was more the preserve of the smoggies and geordies but folk from all over guilty of it. 

7 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I did say in my post it was majority English guys that were acting the goat. I was talking to one of them in the toilet (well he was speaking to me tbf) and he was  from Hull. I heard Geordie/Sunderland accents and a few more southern. It wasn’t any particular thing they done, it was the way they came in and just assumed they were taking over the pub. Have you been in that pub before? After I had been in I was told that was the offshore workers first stop. 

Yeah a couple of times, it's mostly for those that live outside Aberdeen because it is nearest the train station. I would rather head home to my wife and kids because I hadn't seen them in a few weeks.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah a couple of times, it's mostly for those that live outside Aberdeen because it is nearest the train station. I would rather head home to my wife and kids because I hadn't seen them in a few weeks.

Well that would make sense. That’s probably the reason that it’s only the complete clowns that make an appearance in there then. There was an English guy up at the bar trying to get barman to pour him 50 Jaegerbombs, another guy asking for 20 shots of sambuca, nonsense like that, which would be quite good patter if they hadn’t been acting like dicks from the minute they came in. They had obviously got someone to drop of a few bags of coke to them and they were just standing in toilet sniffing off credit cards with old guys stoating past them, they could have at least went in to a cubicle. 

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Personally I love offshore workers, especially Deefiant.

Can I just shock you? I like offshore workers, despite what I said earlier. At any one time I have 9 bottles of offshore workers in my house. 

5 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Aberdonians treat anyone from south of Stonehaven like aliens coming to steal their jobs and livelihoods, I’m not surprised they are difficult to deal with. I had a job in Ellon for 5 months and was treated by the natives like I’d just landed from the Moon (I managed to amaze some of my colleagues by explaining 4G data to them, they were still on 3G at this time), solely down to where I was from and my ‘weegie’ accent (I’m not from Glasgow). It’s a form of racism, and we shouldn’t be afraid to call it out. It’s absolutely rife in Aberdeen, and I know numerous others who have similar stories. 

Who wants to hear weegie patter merchants with that horrible nasal twang..

🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 

6 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I went out for a smoke at lunchtime 5 or 6 guys standing at the shelter and not one spoke to me. That wouldn’t happen in the central belt, I could say that quite confidently.

I've worked in multiple jobs in the Central Belt where this has happened, on a pretty much daily basis.

Edited by afca32

11 minutes ago, afca32 said:

I've worked in multiple jobs in the Central Belt where this has happend, on a pretty much daily basis.

Was it your first day in a full time job? Fair enough if you are a contractor and no one knows your face but this was my first day in the workshop, the boss had sort of introduced me at their morning meeting, they knew it was my first day. 

This comes across like I was desperate for them to talk to me, but it’s just something I would take as a given. If a guy from Aberdeen started in my work and I met him at the smoking shelter on his first day, I would need to be a bit of an ignorant c**t to just ignore him. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

Was it your first day in a full time job? Fair enough if you are a contractor and no one knows your face but this was my first day in the workshop, the boss had sort of introduced me at their morning meeting, they knew it was my first day. 

This comes across like I was desperate for them to talk to me, but it’s just something I would take as a given. If a guy from Aberdeen started in my work and I met him at the smoking shelter on his first day, I would need to be a bit of an ignorant c**t to just ignore him. 

Where were you working? Were any of them talking?

3 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I don't remember my first days that clearly as they were several years ago but almost certainly yes. It's not particularly enjoyable to feel like you're being ignored or whatever but it happens everywhere and in all sorts of workplaces.

I think this thread has been derailed enough now.

Edited by afca32