The 'Tremendous' Tales of Tightfistedness Thread

2 hours ago, velo army said:

Rounds used to stress me out as I hate having the pace of my drinking dictated by others. It's also an extra stress and the politics are a pain.

I did love buying rounds for the simple reason that I have a hitherto hidden talent for carrying drinks (3 pint glasses in my left hand, 2 in the right and one between them all) which i enjoyed showing off with 😎.

How do the teetotalers find this? I went booze free on a stag do and was treated as a pariah. 

@The Chlamydia Kid just balances a couple of kegs on his shoulders and brings them to the table.

59 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Fingers in the pints here?

Right hand wiping hand?

Can't edit out my handsome coupon, but here's me with 5 glasses of water in the one hand.

263862327_240371658156231_8212192341094794481_n.png

Edited by velo army

12 minutes ago, velo army said:

Can't edit out my handsome coupon, but here's me with 5 glasses of water in the one hand.

People you dislike for no proper reason thread for this pish

48 minutes ago, velo army said:

Now that is impressive.

But I'd buy a wine or two just to try and f*ck you up. 😀

13 minutes ago, Mr Waldo said:

Now that is impressive.

But I'd buy a wine or two just to try and f*ck you up. 😀

Jokes on you. Two glasses of wine in one hand is a piece of piss. Unless you're precious about the glass not being held at the stem, in which case aye, that would f**k things up 😂

10 hours ago, velo army said:

Interestingly, I put "Partick Thistle fan who likes cycling" into an AI image generator, and the exact same thing came out

11 hours ago, velo army said:

I splay my left hand (palm turned upwards) and then place the first glass between thumb and forefinger, gripping it with those. The next glass rests on my ring finger while being stabilised with the middle finger. The third rests in the space between while being stabilised by my pinky. 

The right hand has palm downwards and I grip one glass with thumb and forefinger and the other with middle finger pressing the glass against the ring finger.

If it's pints I pick up the 6th glass between the two hands. The 6th glass is only held by pressure from either side, so that goes down first. The next glasses down are the ones in my right hand which are set down simultaneously. The ones on the left are set down in reverse order to their placement. 

Quite the party piece.

Who else read that trying to replicate the finger positions?!

10 hours ago, velo army said:

Are you still standing there 3 years later unable to move?

16 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Maybe they just really like whats on that menu? 

Or maybe they really like the staff and the standard of service?

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Does this belong in here?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/articles/cw07nep0ek4o

Supermarket sack someone for taking bags. Must be more to it than that?

Aye, a valid TTTTT, and theft is theft. The value should be irrelevant imo.  Might seem trivial at first, but it's a slippery slope when one starts arguing that "theft is fine up to a certain level".

If tired (feasible on nightshift tbf) then it's more likely to have been poor judgement rather than a mistake (especially when you know exactly how the machines work).  A reason in that instance, but not an excuse.

Harsh, I know.

ETA: a key underlying principle: what would Sainsbury's have sought to do if they caught a shoplifter (putting the overstretched police thing aside)? I suspect it wouldn't be a mere slap on the wrist. It would be at least a store ban, and you need consistency.

Edited by Hedgecutter

12 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Aye, a valid TTTTT, and theft is theft. The value should be irrelevant imo.  Might seem trivial at first, but it's a slippery slope when one starts arguing that "theft is fine up to a certain level".

If tired (feasible on nightshift tbf) then it's more likely to have been poor judgement rather than a mistake (especially when you know exactly how the machines work).  A reason in that instance, but not an excuse.

Harsh, I know.

ETA: a key underlying principle: what Sainsbury's would want to do to a caught shoplifter (putting the overstretched police thing aside)? I suspect it wouldn't be a mere slap on the wrist. It would be at least a store ban, and you need consistency.

I lived on free ruby grapes and wafer thin ham for all my Asda working life.

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I lived on free ruby grapes and wafer thin ham for all my Asda working life.

I won't lie, I've been guilty of a few faux pas during work in my time.  Ones I'd be expected to be called up on had I been caught.

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

I won't lie, I've been guilty of a few faux pas during work in my time.  Ones I'd be expected to be called up on had I been caught.

Used to love working in fruit and veg or the Deli counter. Probably the healthiest ive ever eaten in my puff.

And definitely the cheapest.