Euro 2020 Play-offs

charger29

Email to SSC members yesterday said ‘over 41,000’ tickets have been sold.

I know Scotland have excellent crowds in the grand scheme of things, but I’m genuinely surprised this hasn’t sold out already. It’s our biggest game since Italy in 2007; have some people still not understood how important this game is through not properly understanding the Nations League in the first place, or is it just apathy?

Still plenty of time for the rest of the tickets to go I suppose.

On 01/02/2020 at 15:33, Gordopolis said:

Braut Haaland scores again (currently half time) for Dortmund. I expect that's him in the Dortmund and Norway starting lineups for good. It feels like an inevitability that, should we face Norway, he will make short work of our inexperienced, inconsistent, terrifyingly insecure defence.

It's annoying enough when we end up chasing shadows against middling opponents with one freak player (Bale, Ibrahimovic), but I'll be mighty hacked off if we end up being papped out by Norway and their freak who exploded onto the scene and into top gear *just* in time for the playoffs.

ETA: the big fanny's just scored a second emoji31.png

He will hammer in 3 or 4 before half time if we manage too sneak past Israel which I don't think we will

33 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I know Scotland have excellent crowds in the grand scheme of things, but I’m genuinely surprised this hasn’t sold out already. It’s our biggest game since Italy in 2007; have some people still not understood how important this game is through not properly understanding the Nations League in the first place, or is it just apathy?

Have to agree.  If we can't sell this game out, then we may as well just not bother going forward.  

44 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

It's probably a bit of both - with more emphasis on the apathy. Too many people have just got out the habit of turning up to support these perennial failures.

That being said the match will almost definitely  sell out and I'm anticipating a solid day on the sauce.

24 minutes ago, forameus said:

Have to agree.  If we can't sell this game out, then we may as well just not bother going forward.  

Not as if we have marched on to new heights when we have sold out. 

Sure the game will sell out, even being a Thursday night. Plenty of time yet. 

3 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Not as if we have marched on to new heights when we have sold out. 

Sure the game will sell out, even being a Thursday night. Plenty of time yet. 

Yeah, I'd hope so.  Suspect this isn't the limit, but I'd have expected (or at least hoped) to see the SFA marketing this hard.  They're saying the right things in mails, but that's a mailing list of people who likely have already bought tickets.  Wouldn't surprise me if there's a sizeable portion of people who don't have much of an idea of how important this game really is given how fucking awful we were last year.

45 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

He will hammer in 3 or 4 before half time if we manage too sneak past Israel which I don't think we will

30 minutes ago, forameus said:

Fucking hell lads, how do you get through the day

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Fucking hell lads, how do you get through the day

I did think as I was posting it that it was a bit pointlessly bleak.

I more meant that if we can't sell out such an important game, then it's a really poor look for the SFA.  We've always been very good with attendances, but the last year has clearly broken a few people.  If we fail in March, I doubt we'll be going into World Cup Qualifying (which is almost impossible to get out of) with much confidence, and certainly not much interest from the fans.

Slightly less bleak there.  Slightly. 

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Years of the SFA charging prices fans weren't happy to pay, with continued failure from a team devoid of quality, led by a succession of managers who were fairly shite.

It looks now like we've rectified a couple of those problems, so I expect this will sell out, but it's totally understandable after 20 years of doing f**k all that people aren't flocking to watch them.

8 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

The effect this week of football nonsense has had on crowds shouldn't be underestimated either.

This is by far the biggest issue. Folk can bleat about a fiver here and there all they want but we would have 10k plus more at every game if they were on Saturday afternoons.

On 01/02/2020 at 15:33, Gordopolis said:

Braut Haaland scores again (currently half time) for Dortmund. I expect that's him in the Dortmund and Norway starting lineups for good. It feels like an inevitability that, should we face Norway, he will make short work of our inexperienced, inconsistent, terrifyingly insecure defence.

It's annoying enough when we end up chasing shadows against middling opponents with one freak player (Bale, Ibrahimovic), but I'll be mighty hacked off if we end up being papped out by Norway and their freak who exploded onto the scene and into top gear *just* in time for the playoffs.

ETA: the big fanny's just scored a second emoji31.png

My Playoff beef is the twice we were in it we pulled out England and Holland.

The 2 hardest possible draws.

Didn't Ireland get Estonia 1 time?