English Premier League 2019-20

1 minute ago, CountyFan said:

On this evidence you can question his recruitment and squad planning. They have incredible depth all over the pitch... apart from at the back. 

Although how much control he has over that is debatable. 

Absolutely agree with that.

Why is Angeliño playing when Mendy is fit ? Where’s the central defensive cover ? Why’s his number 2 goalie so poor ?

Liverpool are miles ahead of anyone else in this league.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Absolutely agree with that.

Why is Angeliño playing when Mendy is fit ? Where’s the central defensive cover ? Why’s his number 2 goalie so poor ?

Liverpool are miles ahead of anyone else in this league.

To be clear, liverpool's depth is suspect too - but they've been lucky with injuries so far. 

Why on earth would anyone want to see the “VAR lines” for Liverpool’s second goal? If he’s offside - which I don’t think he even is - it’s by no more than a centimetre. The technology is in absolutely no way advanced enough to conclusively judge on calls that tight - anyone wanting things like that retrospectively ruled out 2 minutes later can f**k off.

Why on earth would anyone want to see the “VAR lines” for Liverpool’s second goal? If he’s offside - which I don’t think he even is - it’s by no more than a centimetre. The technology is in absolutely no way advanced enough to conclusively judge on calls that tight - anyone wanting things like that retrospectively ruled out 2 minutes later can f**k off.

The point is surely that for other clubs, like Tottenham a few weeks back and Sheffield Utd yesterday, the goals are being ruled out on the basis of a few centimetres. VAR isn’t exactly being applied consistently.

Just now, Jambomo said:

The point is surely that for other clubs, like Tottenham a few weeks back and Sheffield Utd yesterday, the goals are being ruled out on the basis of a few centimetres. VAR isn’t exactly being applied consistently.

They absolutely should not be getting ruled. By all means complain about that and the lack of consistency with VAR - but anyone who wants that goal ruled out is at it.

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

Exactly.

Either common sense is applied or it isn't. You shouldn't be picking and choosing whether you are judging it by the absolute letter or the law, or giving benefit of the doubt.

And given that this season, the common sense approach seems to have left the building, it should be getting applied across the board. 

They absolutely should not be getting ruled. By all means complain about that and the lack of consistency with VAR - but anyone who wants that goal ruled out is at it.

I wouldn’t want it ruled out ordinarily, I said a few pages back I think the rule should be changed and the margin less tight.

I do want it ruled out now, because the same standards are basically not being applied. Liverpool seem to be getting some very fortunate VAR decisions in the season so far.

17 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Guardiola didn't even try and replace Kompany in the summer. He plays a midfielder in defence cause Otamendi is shite.

Which hurts them twice, because they need fernandinho in his natural position. He's a wonderful player. 

8 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

But in this case it was clearly onside.