English Premier League 2019-20

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
37 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:
Is Alex scott exclusively on the bbc now , noticed aluko appearing a lot now

Alex Scott is really good IMO, cant take to Eni Aluko at all. And I dont even think its cos shes a tory.

I don’t think Aluko offers much insight tbh. I prefer Alex Scott, I think she is really good.

I don’t think Aluko offers much insight tbh. I prefer Alex Scott, I think she is really good.
Aluko has no charisma about her I dont think. Hard to put your finger on it.

Great stuff from Doucore there shame he didnt quite manage to squeeze it in himself.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

I reckon Dion Dublin has a shout.

He's got the presenting stuff going, but like you i think they'll move away from a white bloke.

Hmm I'm not sure on Dublin. He comes across a bit cardboard to me. He's easy enough to be the one answering questions, not asking them. 

I think he's terrible on HUTH. 

Lineker's replacement. Has to be. 
I read that Jermaine Jenas has been earmarked as his replacement. I actually don't mind him as a pundit but I'm not really sure about him as a presenter. Mark Chapman's the obvious choice to me.

Jenas annoyed me when loads of shocks happened in the FA Cup and he said "most people want to see the top teams left in the competition".

No they don't! This year's competition is incredibly tedious.
I like shocks, obviously - but a top team against a shitey team in the latter rounds is rarely interesting, and usually ends in a comfortable win.

I want early shocks, with a reasonably even set of teams left for the semis and the final.

I'm quite looking forward to these games.

Hmm I'm not sure on Dublin. He comes across a bit cardboard to me. He's easy enough to be the one answering questions, not asking them. 
I think he's terrible on HUTH. 
Guaranteed there are more than a few folk who are scratching their head at HUTH.

Jenas annoyed me when loads of shocks happened in the FA Cup and he said "most people want to see the top teams left in the competition".

I find Jenas to be an incredibly boring character tbh. He is so bland.
Guaranteed there are more than a few folk who are scratching their head at HUTH.
Those people should be ashamed of themselves then. The absolute pinnacle of daytime tv.

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I like shocks, obviously - but a top team against a shitey team in the latter rounds is rarely interesting, and usually ends in a comfortable win.

I want early shocks, with a reasonably even set of teams left for the semis and the final.

I'm quite looking forward to these games.

I won't watch a single minute. If Man United were playing, say, Southampton, I'd at least watch until Man United scored. Four sets of clubs that always win things competing for a trophy that none of them really give a f**k about. There's no drama or interest there. 

Can't even hope for Arsenal red cards and injuries so they miss the Villa game as they have Watford after us...

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

4 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

You'd think that but I'm sure there's been a bit of research that disproves it, We here on football forums tend to be more interested than many so we think others think like we  do (I like upsets and underdogs too) but many casual fans and especially overseas fans only care about the biggest teams and best players. The viewing figures back it up too, Leicester 's shock win was a huge story but it also saw declining TV viewers. Why would you want to watch a final full of nobody's when you could be watching Messi's  Pogba's Sala's etc

14 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

You maybe correct. Such finals are still dull as f**k to me, and probably to many people who have a real investment in a team. Armchair fans prefer the "big" clubs against each other. 

I agree, technically brilliant players can sometimes have a way of nullifying one another which in high stakes games which leads to dull entertainment

You maybe correct. Such finals are still dull as f**k to me, and probably to many people who have a real investment in a team. Armchair fans prefer the "big" clubs against each other. 

I'm confused abs to how you can marry up this view (which I generally share) with your anti-FFP stance on the other thread. Two of this semi-final places are being taken up by clubs that bought their way there and thus denied two clubs who have achieved their success "organically".