English Premier League 2019-20

3 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I think its a bit more nuanced than that actually. I think you are going to be seeing the EPL looking very strong next season and entering not necessarily a golden era but a very strong and competitive one. That stat could also easily be interpreted that way.

A lot probably most of the big teams have been in transition and rebuilding the last few years, but most of them are coming to the boil at the same time.

Obviously Liverpool very strong, Man City one defender away from being probably the best side in the world, Mourinho in the process of shitehawking Spurs into being decent for a couple of years before it all falls apart, Arsenal improving drastically under Arteta, Man Utd starting to look really good and a couple of signings from being a top side, Chelsea putting together a quality young squad that is starting to peak now.

Add to that Leicester and Wolves having tremendous periods and Ancelotti sure to make Everton into a decent side then most of the big clubs will be in good shape and competing at the top of the league next season and a couple after that. So it will be looking an excellent league next season. 

No. No they are not.

I think its a bit more nuanced than that actually. I think you are going to be seeing the EPL looking very strong next season and entering not necessarily a golden era but a very strong and competitive one. That stat could also easily be interpreted that way.
A lot probably most of the big teams have been in transition and rebuilding the last few years, but most of them are coming to the boil at the same time.
Obviously Liverpool very strong, Man City one defender away from being probably the best side in the world, Mourinho in the process of shitehawking Spurs into being decent for a couple of years before it all falls apart, Arsenal improving drastically under Arteta, Man Utd starting to look really good and a couple of signings from being a top side, Chelsea putting together a quality young squad that is starting to peak now.
Add to that Leicester and Wolves having tremendous periods and Ancelotti sure to make Everton into a decent side then most of the big clubs will be in good shape and competing at the top of the league next season and a couple after that. So it will be looking an excellent league next season. 
For this season Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Tottenham have all been up an down. Mainly caused by their defences.
All those teams are unlikely to be considered very strong next season. You mentioned 9 teams there but whoever is finishing 8th or 9th won't be particularly happy with that result. Okay, maybe Everton would accept it for a season but they're clearly aiming for higher. The jury is still very much out on Solskjaer, Lampard, Mourinho, Arteta and Ancelotti. Wouldn't surprise me if 2 of the above are gone by December. At least one is likely imo.

1 hour ago, charger29 said:

For this season Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Tottenham have all been up an down. Mainly caused by their defences.
All those teams are unlikely to be considered very strong next season. You mentioned 9 teams there but whoever is finishing 8th or 9th won't be particularly happy with that result. Okay, maybe Everton would accept it for a season but they're clearly aiming for higher. The jury is still very much out on Solskjaer, Lampard, Mourinho, Arteta and Ancelotti. Wouldn't surprise me if 2 of the above are gone by December. At least one is likely imo.

Maybe you won't consider them strong but they'll all be very strong, you will just be mistaken. Who cares what teams will be happy about the point is the league will be very strong. Again, in your mind the jury is out but that doesn't mean you're correct. Those managers will all still be in place by January.

Well, yes we could. Think today was the last chance, being realistic though. We haven't beaten Arsenal at home since they played in Woolwich and a draw would send us down.
It's the nature of today's game that relegates them for me.

If they'd snatched a draw then they might have the momentum to get something against arsenal and win the last game. But now i can't see that scenario playing out at all.

Today was painful.

Yeah, can't argue with that. Strangely Bournemouth will probably have taken more from their defeat against Man City than we did from tonight's draw. In terms of momentum, that is. Even if we have the lead against Arsenal with minutes to go the psychological scars of this evening will make it even more unlikely than usual that we don't bottle it. Oh well, the suffering will soon be over 😄

Edited by Bully Wee Villa