English Premier League 2019-20

Leicester have been very ropey at the back. Lucky not to be behind.

As much as their defence were a bit ropey, the boy Soyuncu is a superb centre back. Felt a wee bit sorry (not much really) for him with the handball and thought 4-0 kind of pissed all over how well he played.

Just now, Stevieda said:
6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
Did Man Utd not win the treble at one point ?

They did, but this team won the champions league and have now won 26 in 27. They will likely win the league this year. I think they'll overtake that Utd team as best ever.

A very good team but they are against some pure keek teams. 

Guest DAVIDB69
I think we are witnessing the best club side English football has ever seen, phenomenal.

Weren’t the media saying that about city barely 7 months ago.

37 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Alexander-Arnold is the best full back on the planet, he’s outstanding.

He really isn’t, he’s fantastic going forward, his crossing is superb and he’s got a cracking shot on him but he is incredibly poor defensively, he’s a much better wide-midfielder than a full back, but he suits the way Liverpool play!!!

You see his weaknesses more in the CL than the EPL in games where they are forced to defend more, they’ve played Napoli a lot over the past couple of seasons and Insigne has had him in toast for most of them, don’t get me wrong though, if he was Scottish I’d be delighted to have him as our RB!!!

2 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Weren’t the media saying that about city barely 7 months ago.

19 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

They’re competing against the most expensive football teams ever assembled and on track to break every premier league recording going.

This team is pretty special.

18 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

They’re competing against the most expensive football teams ever assembled and on track to break every premier league recording going.

This team is pretty special.

Agree. It’s all about money now.

It's too soon to compare this Liverpool side with the all-time great teams. As those involved with the great teams of the past have said, winning the league is one thing, keeping it is another. The Man Utd team of 2006-08 won three consecutive Premier Leagues, a Champions League and a Club World Cup. But for losing the league by a point to Chelsea, and on goal difference to Man City thanks to the Aguerooooo moment, they'd have won 7 league titles in a row, at a time when Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City were extremely competitive.

They also won 7 leagues in 9 seasons 1992-2001 including three-in-a-row, losing the other 2 by a single point each time, and picking up 3 FA Cups and a Champions League along the way.

Liverpool are having one of the best seasons ever in English football so far, on the back of an outstanding season, but they haven't earned the right to be compared to the real greats yet. They need to create a dynasty for that.

I’d say if you come along and break every record going, you merit a claim to be the best. Last seasons point total would have won Liverpool the league every other year except another one, the previous 100 point record breaking city team, who were touted as the best. They’re on course to beat the 100 points this year and I’d be surprised if they didn’t. They’ve lost once this calendar year, back in January to City and look like they could go this season undefeated, as well as being in the mix to win the European cup again.

Solid at the back and frighteningly good going forward. They’re certainly the best team I’ve seen play in the premier league.