The Famous Aberdeen’s European Tour 19/20

Frank Grimes

A physical representation of another standard McInnes European bottlejob:
938430703_PoopedPants.gif.b51f9efaa9c22efd58fb28a8380fa580.gif 

So DM and Doc are to blame for Logan doing the unexplainable and Campbell being a pussy on the edge of the box ?

Total over reaction as per usual from our “support”. We were on course for a decent result, against an average team doing nothing. Then up pops the 🤡 at RB. Only one way the game was going after that.

We will win and dominate at Pittodrie but can’t see us keeping a clean sheet.

2 hours ago, G-MAN said:

So DM and Doc are to blame for Logan doing the unexplainable and Campbell being a pussy on the edge of the box ?

Total over reaction as per usual from our “support”. We were on course for a decent result, against an average team doing nothing. Then up pops the 🤡 at RB. Only one way the game was going after that.

We will win and dominate at Pittodrie but can’t see us keeping a clean sheet.

We'll never know, but if we'd tried something more positive, like passing to teammates, it maybe wouldn't have mattered or would have mattered less (that Logan has idiot tendencies). 

The pen was, in part, a failure of the tactics. 9 at the back only works if no-one fucks up. 

We are more capable of winning games that killing them so should have stuck to what we're good at. 

Calling a teenager a pussy for getting out muscled in a European tie is pretty shit, you pussy. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

Rijeka were no great shakes, but they were very good at closing the midfield down and cutting out the pass from defence. 

In consequence we obviously looked a bit bewildered and spent the first 60 minutes passing it between McKenna and Considine before a long hoof inevitably gave away possession.

We looked strangely passive, which generally isn't like us in away games in Europe. All our attacking players.... McGinn, Gallagher, Hedges....were completely neutered by an inability to get the ball to them quickly (or at all). Big Sam put in a thankless shift, and Greg Leigh played well, but the rest of them were just a bit meeeeh.

As to Logan ? Well, his mission to single-handedly knock us out of Europe seems to have succeeded.  Let's hope this new guy from Bristol City can give him the boot up the arse that he needs. 

Not a great night of football, we certainly wasn't outplayed but we offered nothing in attack.

Haven't seen a good view of the penalty, given the criticism I have seen about Logan, I guess he did pull him.  They were going nowhere and we was in no danger as it was a shit cross and Lewis would have dealt with it either way. If he did pull him he deserves a big kick in the balls.

2nd goal was a good finish, we can say we should have done this and that but cant take away the good finish.

I don't think we are out of the game yet, said it before, so far we have been a completely different team at home and we will score. Should be a great atmosphere next week, we can still do this. 

I guess he did pull him.  They were going nowhere and we was in no danger as it was a shit cross and Lewis would have dealt with it either way. If he did pull him he deserves a big kick in the balls.

He did pull him - it was clear as day. No complaints about the penalty award. It was needless buffoonery from Logan when the Rijeka player was posing zero threat.

The game made for sh1te viewing and we were poor with the ball. But it’s not unreasonable to suggest we coulda/shoulda come away with a commendable 0-0 had Logan not had that moment of madness.

4 hours ago, ssdon said:

Not a great night of football, we certainly wasn't outplayed but we offered nothing in attack.

Haven't seen a good view of the penalty, given the criticism I have seen about Logan, I guess he did pull him.  They were going nowhere and we was in no danger as it was a shit cross and Lewis would have dealt with it either way. If he did pull him he deserves a big kick in the balls.

2nd goal was a good finish, we can say we should have done this and that but cant take away the good finish.

I don't think we are out of the game yet, said it before, so far we have been a completely different team at home and we will score. Should be a great atmosphere next week, we can still do this. 

Yeah, none of the 3 away performances have been anything like the home games.  Need that to continue big time! ( the home performances and not the away ones!)

12 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Indirectly yes.

It's not as if Logan doesn't have previous when it comes to being the one that provides the brainfart out of nowhere when you least need it.  Maybe the competition for his place arrived just that wee bit too late to save us from another QR3 exit.

As for Dean Campbell - he's been okay so far, but they need to judge if he's ready for a step up in class.  Was he the right substition last night, and had our management made him aware that Muric had a bonnie left foot as Dean did some strange thing with his arms then showed him straight on to it?   

If Big Sam’s out, we have to switch the way we play. Main is not a like-for-like replacement because unlike Cosgrove, he’s fucking shit.

On the deck, Gallagher, McGinn, Hedges and Wilson up top, total football fluid system. Ferguson and Ojo in midfield behind them with the brakes on. Flat back 4. Logan back in. Vyner was gash.

Let’s fuckin GOOO boys.

I’m a big fan of gallagher but filming him under total football is maybe excessive.

In any case, we’re fucking doing this. It is going to be a great night.

IMG_2266.jpg
I’d argue he’s potentially the most “total football” player we’ve got, given he’s played all across the front, centre mid and both fullback slots in about 4 matches!

Not silky or refined granted, but certainly an effective performer so far.

8 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

IMG_2266.jpg
I’d argue he’s potentially the most “total football” player we’ve got, given he’s played all across the front, centre mid and both fullback slots in about 4 matches!

Not silky or refined granted, but certainly an effective performer so far.

Russell, please focus on the positive.

We're fucking doing this.