The Famous Aberdeen’s European Tour 19/20

Frank Grimes

Guest Bob Mahelp

As long as Scott Wright doesn't play, we'll give it a go.

If he does, we'll give up and whimper like the pussy he is.

I know that doesn't make sense, but I just wanted to fit in a 'Scott Wright is a f*cking pussy and should be nowhere near Aberdeen FC' reference somewhere. 

32 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

As long as Scott Wright doesn't play, we'll give it a go.

If he does, we'll give up and whimper like the pussy he is.

I know that doesn't make sense, but I just wanted to fit in a 'Scott Wright is a f*cking pussy and should be nowhere near Aberdeen FC' reference somewhere. 

I don't share your disdain for the guy but I absolutely agree he'll be at a bottom 6 premiership club at best in a years time. Not up to it.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don't share your disdain for the guy but I absolutely agree he'll be at a bottom 6 premiership club at best in a years time. Not up to it.

Personally don’t think he is good enough for the premiership full stop. Will be disappointed if he starts another game for the famous.

Edited by KingswellsRed

I don't think Wright is necessarily any worse on the ball than Gallagher, arguably a bit better, but can't keep wasting opportunities. I'd personally start McLennan over both on Thursday if he is fully fit, despite his poor performance on Sunday. 

There might be a case for Considine at left-back for more solidity and positional discipline, but McInnes will understandably be reluctant to break-up the partnership with McKenna, which has mostly been good despite the goals conceded. 

4 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I don't think Wright is necessarily any worse on the ball than Gallagher, arguably a bit better, but can't keep wasting opportunities. I'd personally start McLennan over both on Thursday if he is fully fit, despite his poor performance on Sunday. 

There might be a case for Considine at left-back for more solidity and positional discipline, but McInnes will understandably be reluctant to break-up the partnership with McKenna, which has mostly been good despite the goals conceded. 

I'd agree with  you if Considine could fill in at RB, but with the players we have, I think that Logan Considine McKenna Leigh is probably still our strongest back 4. 

1 hour ago, RussellAnderson said:

I'd agree with  you if Considine could fill in at RB, but with the players we have, I think that Logan Considine McKenna Leigh is probably still our strongest back 4. 

I agree that Considine and McKenna is our strongest centre-back partnership, but maybe having Considine at left-back (and bringing in Devlin or even Vyner) would make us a more solid unit and give the centre-backs a bit more insurance. I think Leigh will probably start, but I wouldn't be totally shocked if McInnes does change it with the lack of clean sheets and the need not to concede here.

Edited by DrewDon

18 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Completely frustrating to watch him stand in an area where it's impossible to get the ball to him with his hand in the air calling for a pass. Not willing to take the initiative at all.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Completely frustrating to watch him stand in an area where it's impossible to get the ball to him with his hand in the air calling for a pass. Not willing to take the initiative at all.

Yep, hides when the going gets tough.

If you think when we've seen the best of him, it's scoring the 4th goal against the Georgians, pumping a horrendous St Mirren last season, pumping Partick Thistle. When games get tough he disappears.

Contrast with Mclennan last season who has come on and grabbed games by the scruff of the neck when we've been up against it, Livi at home sticks out in my mind for example.

24 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yep, hides when the going gets tough.

If you think when we've seen the best of him, it's scoring the 4th goal against the Georgians, pumping a horrendous St Mirren last season, pumping Partick Thistle. When games get tough he disappears.

Contrast with Mclennan last season who has come on and grabbed games by the scruff of the neck when we've been up against it, Livi at home sticks out in my mind for example.

Completely agree.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Wright is 22 and made his debut 5 (five) years ago. In that time he's amassed a grand total of 41 appearances.....many as sub....and scored a massive 5 goals. All of them against Partick Thistle and a team from Georgia that somehow managed to be worse.

I'd love to see stats. on how many assists he's made in that time, but I'd put a fair amount of cash on it being fewer than the number of goals he's scored.

As pointed out above, he hides when the going gets tough and anyway is made of cardboard in the first place. I'm astounded that he's still at the club because there's nothing at all to suggest that this guy is going to suddenly become good enough for Aberdeen. 

Gallagher has shown more fight in 5 games for the Dons than Wright in 5 years. There's no comparison between the 2. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

Devlin was on the bench on Sunday. I agree that probably our strongest back 4 is Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Considine. 

If he's fit, get him in. We have to find some way to stop leaking goals. 

Devlin was on the bench on Sunday. I agree that probably our strongest back 4 is Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Considine. 
If he's fit, get him in. We have to find some way to stop leaking goals. 

I doubt Devlin will start.

Leigh gives us a threat going forward, which given we need to score at least twice needs to be the priority.

Leigh will start I think. But for the first 45 he needs to be told to be fucking careful.

Rijeka will let us come at them and will look to pick us off if we get over excited, even if we score an early goal they’ll know just one virtually kills the tie. 0-0 or 1-0 at half time isn’t the worst, this will be a test of discipline.

7 minutes ago, TheDon99 said:

Cosgrove confirmed by McInnes to miss out. Bryson as well. I'd rather we play May or Wilson than Main, just can't see what he offers us.

That's a blow but I've made the decision we are going through so it's not to worry.

6 minutes ago, TheDon99 said:

Cosgrove confirmed by McInnes to miss out. Bryson as well. I'd rather we play May or Wilson than Main, just can't see what he offers us.

Shite, been clinging to the hope that Cosgrove would proof his fitness for tomorrow night.

I concur with you regarding Main but unfortunately I suspect he will play up top.

I do however reserve the right to change my opinion on Main if he pops up tomorrow evening with a hat trick

Guest Bob Mahelp
16 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I'd be very surprised if Wilson starts up top as a lone striker tomorrow.

As Sunday proved, no point in starting with Main as a lone striker either.

McInnes is going to have to think out of the box for this one.