The Famous Aberdeen’s European Tour 19/20

Frank Grimes

As Sunday proved, no point in starting with Main as a lone striker either.

Did it prove that though?

Did Main maybe just need 90mins under his belt? Was the service good enough etc?

Everyone seems to be writing him off already, which many did with Cosgrove.

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Did Main maybe just need 90mins under his belt? Was the service good enough etc?

I'm not writing him off. I just don't think that in McInnes's long term favoured formation, Main is the right player in the lone striker role. 

I suspect we'll play both Main and Wilson tomorrow night, and keep our fingers crossed that it somehow works.

The service to Main wasn't really there on Sunday, but his movement was poor and he looked so far from being a goal threat. I genuinely think May is a better option, because despite being a bad football player he does at least drag defenders and link play a bit. 

Stevie May to come on at 0_0 with 25 minutes to go and slot away a hat-trick (left, right, head) which leads to a scoring run of 25 for the season. 
Dons win Europa league. 

I really hope so but ive been making a similer prediction before every game for the last two years.

7 hours ago, tarapoa said:

It did prove that, although the service wasn’t the best. Even occasionally he had to make something happen. Here’s hoping he gets better with games.

I think it was McLennan who fizzed a pass in to Main at the edge of the box. Instead of having a go first time on his right, Main turned on to his left and played it out wide.

Cosgrove would have hit that. He maybe wouldn't have scored but he's willing to take the gamble. Don't see that being the case with Main.

7 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I think it was McLennan who fizzed a pass in to Main at the edge of the box. Instead of having a go first time on his right, Main turned on to his left and played it out wide.

Cosgrove would have hit that. He maybe wouldn't have scored but he's willing to take the gamble. Don't see that being the case with Main.

In fairness a year ago you wouldn't have said that about Cosgrove.

I don't think Main will ever be a reliable goalscorer though, he can be an asset in any case.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

In fairness a year ago you wouldn't have said that about Cosgrove.

I don't think Main will ever be a reliable goalscorer though, he can be an asset in any case.

No that is true. Folk are saying he had no service though. There was nothing guilt edged but didn't look like he was willing to gamble either.

5 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Main double 2-0 at 79 mins ...

On comes May in the 80th....

88th min May with chance to win it for the famous before heading back to the village of Perth with his head held high!

May shoots...

Rijeka break up the pitch from Mays assist and score...

Please no 😥

57 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

I genuinely think we’ll beat this lot tonight. Just not sure if it’ll be enough.

I’d feel more confident if we had disco lights.

Would also feel better with Ojo at left back and Joe Lewis on wing IMHO.

#eurotactics