Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Celtic is all you post about.

Again I’m failing to join together the everyone anyone campaign with anything I have posted in here today . 

If one of you brainiacs could quickly get to the fucking point that would be easier for us all 

Edited by Forever_blueco

This could be a good thing in the long run. Plenty Sevconians (presumably most of them WASPS)

I would have thought Anglo-Saxons were a pretty small minority of Sevco fans.

Anyway, a Slavia fan I know who has always come across as a kind and caring, sensible person has been defending that nonsense. I'm really disappointed in her. When will people learn that the best way to support your club is to speak out when those associated with it act in a despicable manner?

24 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

This could be a good thing in the long run. Plenty Sevconians (presumably most of them WASPS) praising the behaviour of their captain when hearing the insult. It will maybe make them take a step back and think about banding about insults based on religion when they see the reaction it can create. I very much doubt it though.

I mean on this forum alone there is one one word with sectarian links that gets happily passed about but sure it’s just rangers fans than have to have a look at ourselves. 

3 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

The online Celtic fans reaction to this is bizzare 

from the support that see’s itself as the self righteous moral crusaders of every persecuted soul on the planet . Racism almost seems to be ok as long as it happens to be against somebody in a Rangers Shirt 

2 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

60 000 who lapped up a “hung out a flag of war” banner .  All besides themselves with fear and offence because one guy made game over/throat gesture gesture walking off a pitch. 

17 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

I’m sorry . Did I say it did ?

You are just as guilty as the dafties on-line.
What happened last night has got nothing to do with what you posted.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You are just as guilty as the dafties on-line.
What happened last night has got nothing to do with what you posted.

What I posted about was the discussion going on in this thread . Was  a Celtic fan who actually brought up the Morelos gesture if you read the thread 

you just decided to post a picture of the everyone anyone campaign and stated the bleeding obvious that it is nothing to do with Celtic 

and I’m still scratching my head as to what point you were actually making 

Edited by Forever_blueco

A strong statement from Rangers where they “refuse to acknowledge any attempt to defend, deflect or deny the abuse Glen Kamara experienced”.

Even a wee mention that they wish their keeper a speedy recovery which some were looking for.

7 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I would have thought Anglo-Saxons were a pretty small minority of Sevco fans.

Anyway, a Slavia fan I know who has always come across as a kind and caring, sensible person has been defending that nonsense. I'm really disappointed in her. When will people learn that the best way to support your club is to speak out when those associated with it act in a despicable manner?

My mistake, meant to put WATPS.

1 minute ago, Forever_blueco said:

What I posted about was the discussion going on in this thread 

you just decided to post a picture of the everyone anyone campaign and stated the bleeding obvious that it is nothing to do with Celtic 

and I’m still scratching my head as to what point you were actually making 

You are trying to bring Celtic into this debate when it has nothing to do with Celtic.
This tit for tat mince is part of the problem not the solution.

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Gonny hit CtrlC, CtrlV for us?

Edit @AJF please.

No worries:

RANGERS’ Managing Director, Stewart Robertson, today commented: “Racism is unacceptable in any form and in any setting.

“The racist abuse suffered by Glen Kamara will not be tolerated by Rangers. As a club, we stand resolutely behind Glen as we support him and his teammates. 

“We stand behind each and every one of our players. Regardless of race, religion, colour or creed -if you wear the famous blue of Rangers FC, you are one of our own. Everyone, Anyone.

“Several of our players have subsequently received racist, threatening and sickening abuse online. This is abhorrent and once again highlights the responsibility social media outlets have in eradicating abuse from faceless cowards. 

“We refuse to acknowledge any attempt to defend, deflect or deny the abuse Glen Kamara experienced last night. 

“Our Manager, Steven Gerrard has already underlined his own disgust at this incident and support for our players. We can confirm that Steven, our Chairman Douglas Park, Sporting Director Ross Wilson and I, met last night to agree our club stance. 

“We also met with UEFA representatives. This incident has been reported to the UEFA match delegate and we understand that it has formed part of his match report.

“UEFA will be well aware the football world is watching. We expect a robust and unequivocal response in relation to this incident. It cannot be merely ‘swept under the carpet’- we are not prepared for Glen Kamara to be yet another statistic. Enough is enough. 

“We note the injury sustained by Ondrej Kolar during an accidental collision last night. Our Club Doctor treated the player and we hope he has a speedy recovery. We wish the club well in the next round of the Europa League. 

“There will be no further comment until we receive a response from UEFA.”

11 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I don't need to read the thread you said and posted more than just the morelos incident.

So basically you don’t like my point that some of your fans online have given themselves a showing up 

glad we got there in the end although I couldn’t really care less