Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

I still think it'll be impossible for UEFA to actually punish Slavia, or the player, unless it can be categorically proven hes said it. Sadly I can't see that happening.

Absolutely no reason they don't just go massively into them for that fan banner though, morons there have opened the door for UEFA punishment and those particular fat cats will do anything to avoid pissing off sponsors, so Rangers refusing to let this lie plus having Gerrard means its highly unlikely UEFA will ignore this. 

I'd laugh like f**k if that banner got them punted out the competition and banned for a year.

Unless they can't do anything about the banner as it wasn't during a match?

Edited by RandomGuy.

40 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think the fact that Rangers tried to enact prison yard justice will go against them. Turning cameras off and sucker punching  someone, but apparently doing it in front of police and UEFA officials wasn't the brightest. 

I think it will come down to, he looks guilty but we can't actually prove it so we will warn the player about future conduct. My guess would be that Kamara doesn't get a ban for the punch but Roofe will get hammered for booting Kolar in the head. 

There is no such thing as sucker punching a racist IMO. 

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I still think it'll be impossible for UEFA to actually punish Slavia, or the player, unless it can be categorically proven hes said it. Sadly I can't see that happening.

Absolutely no reason they don't just go massively into them for that fan banner though, morons there have opened the door for UEFA punishment and those particular fat cats will do anything to avoid pissing off sponsors, so Rangers refusing to let this lie plus having Gerrard means its highly unlikely UEFA will ignore this. 

I'd laugh like f**k if that banner got them punted out the competition and banned for a year.

Unless they can't do anything about the banner as it wasn't during a match?

I doubt UEFA can do much about the banner unfortunately. It's probably something for the Czechia police to deal with.

Earlier I just wanted the player banned, but the way Slavia have just doubled and tripled down on the lies just makes me want to see them chucked as well. Give Arsenal a bye into the semi's.

51 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think the fact that Rangers tried to enact prison yard justice will go against them. Turning cameras off and sucker punching  someone, but apparently doing it in front of police and UEFA officials wasn't the brightest. 

I think it will come down to, he looks guilty but we can't actually prove it so we will warn the player about future conduct. My guess would be that Kamara doesn't get a ban for the punch but Roofe will get hammered for booting Kolar in the head. 

Surely if it was in front of them the police would have done something and / or reported it ?!

Guest Bob Mahelp

I'll ask again. Why is 50k supporters singing about '****** bast*rds' any more acceptable than racism ? 

Why is there such indignation about Kamara being called a monkey, and such defensive behaviour about Rangers fans glorying in sectarianism ?

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'll ask again. Why is 50k supporters singing about '****** bast*rds' any more acceptable than racism ? 

Why is there such indignation about Kamara being called a monkey, and such defensive behaviour about Rangers fans glorying in sectarianism? 

It's not. Which is why those songs are banned and people who are identified as singing them get lifetime football bans and when they were audibly heard in last seasons competition we had sections of our stadium closed. 

Bringing it up just now, when a player has been racially abused and we're all disgusted by it makes you look like you don't actually care about it and just want to point score. It's a shite look mate. 

5 hours ago, G51 said:

If they don't, it will undermine a lot of anti-racist initiatives. It becomes harder to promote that message when the governing body doesn't punish it.

Anybody know if it was reported ( much ) on mainland Europe news / sports media ?

I heard it being discussed on Talksport earlier

Edited by ewan14

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 minutes ago, andy-500 said:

It's not. Which is why those songs are banned and people who are identified as singing them get lifetime football bans and when they were audibly heard in last seasons competition we had sections of our stadium closed. 

Bringing it up just now, when a player has been racially abused and we're all disgusted by it makes you look like you don't actually care about it and just want to point score. It's a shite look mate. 

Is it f**k. 

I've been going to football games for 40 years and I've been abused many a time by Rangers fans for being a 'fe nian kunt' and all the rest of it. 

Racism is abhorrent, but Rangers FC is an institutionally sectarian club and their fans are sectarian bigots....or they support and/or ignore sectarian behaviour. 

The indignation by Rangers fans just now makes you look like hypocritical idiots. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

Why is there such indignation about Kamara being called a monkey, and such defensive behaviour about Rangers fans glorying in sectarianism ?

With the greatest of respect, that's a stupid post.

I'm not a Rangers fan, but whataboutery here, using this incident to play one form of discrimination off against another to score some imaginary points is out of order.

And for what it's worth, most Rangers fan on here, G51 quite vocally, have spoken out against sectarianism anyway.

Most Celtic fans do the same.

None of that has anything to do with Glen Kamara being racially abused on a football park in 2021 though and conflating the two only plays down the incident in question..

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Is it f**k. 

I've been going to football games for 40 years and I've been abused many a time by Rangers fans for being a 'fe nian kunt' and all the rest of it. 

Racism is abhorrent, but Rangers FC is an institutionally sectarian club and their fans are sectarian bigots....or they support ignore sectarian behaviour. 

The indignation by Rangers fans just now makes you look like hypocritical idiots. 

This tweet is maybe quite appropriate here

6 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Is it f**k. 

Racism is abhorrent, but Rangers FC is an institutionally sectarian club and their fans are sectarian bigots....or they support and/or ignore sectarian behaviour. 

seriously mate, shut the f**k up

Guest Bob Mahelp

The first game that will be televised when fans are allowed back, will see Rangers fans bang out their anti-Catholic shite for 90 minutes. 

Spare me this 'we're victims of racism' shite. 

F'n disgusting behaviour from Slavia Prague, they should be kicked out of the competition. 

Hopefully this kind of abhorrent behaviour makes certain Rangers fans look at their own antiquated views.

7 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Is it f**k. 

This is fkn nonsense. Away to your bed. 

9 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Is it f**k. 

f**k off mate. 

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The first game that will be televised when fans are allowed back, will see Rangers fans bang out their anti-Catholic shite for 90 minutes. 

Spare me this 'we're victims of racism' shite. 

The player is victim here, not a good look for you.