Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

30 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'll ask again. Why is 50k supporters singing about '****** bast*rds' any more acceptable than racism ? 

Why is there such indignation about Kamara being called a monkey, and such defensive behaviour about Rangers fans glorying in sectarianism ?

Fucking hell. Take the night off. 

31 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Is it f**k. 

I've been going to football games for 40 years and I've been abused many a time by Rangers fans for being a 'fe nian kunt' and all the rest of it. 

Racism is abhorrent, but Rangers FC is an institutionally sectarian club and their fans are sectarian bigots....or they support and/or ignore sectarian behaviour. 

The indignation by Rangers fans just now makes you look like hypocritical idiots. 

This tweet also seems appropriate.

I still think it'll be impossible for UEFA to actually punish Slavia, or the player, unless it can be categorically proven hes said it. Sadly I can't see that happening.
Absolutely no reason they don't just go massively into them for that fan banner though, morons there have opened the door for UEFA punishment and those particular fat cats will do anything to avoid pissing off sponsors, so Rangers refusing to let this lie plus having Gerrard means its highly unlikely UEFA will ignore this. 
I'd laugh like f**k if that banner got them punted out the competition and banned for a year.
Unless they can't do anything about the banner as it wasn't during a match?
I fear that may be the case. They'll likely get away with it on those grounds. Personally I'd weigh up the evidence/probability they have. There's no way Kamara reacts in that way to the pathetic nonsense the racist c**t claimed he said. Goldson(?) went apeshit as well and I doubt he reacts like that if he's just used a run of the mill insult. The 2 black players for Prague look within earshot of what was said and certainly don't rush in to defend their team mate, they look pretty shocked in all honesty.

I think there is enough there to say he almost certainly made a racist remark. Throw the fucking book at them. I wouldn't reinstate Rangers (nor do I think Rangers would want that), I'd give their next opponents a bye. A massive action like that from UEFA might make clubs take notice that this behaviour won't be tolerated even in cases where it's not 100% clear what was said.

It won't happen though and they'll get a fine at worst.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The first game that will be televised when fans are allowed back, will see Rangers fans bang out their anti-Catholic shite for 90 minutes. 

Spare me this 'we're victims of racism' shite. 

We aren’t victims of racism . Glen Kamara was .  

And it wasn’t from the stands . it was from a fellow professional . 

Edited by Forever_blueco

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Is it f**k. 

I've been going to football games for 40 years and I've been abused many a time by Rangers fans for being a 'fe nian kunt' and all the rest of it. 

Racism is abhorrent, but Rangers FC is an institutionally sectarian club and their fans are sectarian bigots....or they support and/or ignore sectarian behaviour. 

The indignation by Rangers fans just now makes you look like hypocritical idiots. 

4B6D21E3-C5E3-40D0-9454-382164DA7956.jpeg

8 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It will be interesting how UEFA treat the two incidents,the racist bit and the punch of a player.
The punishment should fit the crime. 

What punch? There is absolutely no evidence of a "punch" and given the lies slavia have spouted since full time its hard to believe anything they say

8 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think the fact that Rangers tried to enact prison yard justice will go against them. Turning cameras off and sucker punching  someone, but apparently doing it in front of police and UEFA officials wasn't the brightest. 

I think it will come down to, he looks guilty but we can't actually prove it so we will warn the player about future conduct. My guess would be that Kamara doesn't get a ban for the punch but Roofe will get hammered for booting Kolar in the head. 

Prison yard justice, says who? Slavia, who have already been caught out lying? 

7 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Is it f**k. 

Spot on. 

40 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

What punch? There is absolutely no evidence of a "punch" and given the lies slavia have spouted since full time its hard to believe anything they say

"It was all Slavia" :bairn

Funny how Leicester didn't seem to have any problem with them and I'd hazard a guess Arsenal won't either. 

12 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Funny how Leicester didn't seem to have any problem with them and I'd hazard a guess Arsenal won't either. 

Bob Mahelp is the biggest fucking walloper on this topic but by fucking christ you're running him close. 

With the greatest of respect, that's a stupid post.

I'm not a Rangers fan, but whataboutery here, using this incident to play one form of discrimination off against another to score some imaginary points is out of order.

And for what it's worth, most Rangers fan on here, G51 quite vocally, have spoken out against sectarianism anyway.

Most Celtic fans do the same.

None of that has anything to do with Glen Kamara being racially abused on a football park in 2021 though and conflating the two only plays down the incident in question..

So,most celtic and rangers fans speak out against sectarianism, do they? And yet they still support institutionally discriminatory organisations. That is, with all due respect, fucking ridiculous. You don't get to choose which discrimination is bad and which is "a very small minority amongst thousands of decent football fans". We've all been in grounds when the Sisters come to visit, and heard the entire away section belt out the party tunes and abusive chants. None of us, I'm willing to bet, have ever seen one of these "decent football fans" point the ringleaders out to the stewards or police.
This fucker on Thursday was an absolute disgrace, and the result should be having the book thrown at him. His club's response appears to be just as reprehensible. Just, please, let's not pretend that the rangers or their predecessors have ever, in any of our lifetimes, been anything other than a discriminatory boil on Scotland's arse.

So,most celtic and rangers fans speak out against sectarianism, do they? And yet they still support institutionally discriminatory organisations. That is, with all due respect, fucking ridiculous. You don't get to choose which discrimination is bad and which is "a very small minority amongst thousands of decent football fans". We've all been in grounds when the Sisters come to visit, and heard the entire away section belt out the party tunes and abusive chants. None of us, I'm willing to bet, have ever seen one of these "decent football fans" point the ringleaders out to the stewards or police.
This fucker on Thursday was an absolute disgrace, and the result should be having the book thrown at him. His club's response appears to be just as reprehensible. Just, please, let's not pretend that the rangers or their predecessors have ever, in any of our lifetimes, been anything other than a discriminatory boil on Scotland's arse.
You might want to try and read my post properly before getting up on your "I hate the old firm and everything they stand for" pedestal and attribute things to me which I've not said.

You seem to have ignored the bit in my post that you quoted that said "on here". As in, in this thread and this forum in general.

So yes, most Rangers (and Celtic) fans have spoken out against sectarianism, across the various threads, "on here".

If course that doesn't mean 'Most/All Old Firm fans". That would have been ridiculous, had I said it. But I didn't.

You're having an argument with yourself about a point no one made.

Racism should definately be punished. However, apparently only Kamara heard the remark, which means it's unfortunately a he said she said situation. 

I recommend watching Anton Ferdinand's documentary about his experience with John Terry and the FA. There is unlikely to be a happy conclusion to this for anyone. 

It's also unfortunate that this incident happened in 87th minute of a game where the **** were loosing 2-0 at home and going out of a European tie and had two men sent off.  Accusations of poor looser, heads gone, sour grapes etc are a convenient deflection for Sparta Prague, and frankly Goldson's comments about going out to hurt someone in the final minutes  play into that narrative. 

Equally Roofe might have done better to spend his time on social media explaining why he kicked the Prague goal keeper in the face  rather than talking about Racist comments, I don't think he was on the pitch long enough to be racial abused by Sparta players and definately was not on the pitch when the alleged comments were made. I don't think his comments on the matter are helpful or relevant 

Racism is absolutely wrong, but it is also not an excuse for violence. Rangers have lost much of the moral high ground by their behavior and comments.  I don't want to get dragged into all that Slippy G has no class thing. But there are ways to support your player that don't involve all this drama and outrage

Hopefully Eufa will get to the bottom of things, and all the wrong doings of that evening will be punished, the match declared void and goes to either a replay or Rangers awarded a walk over 3-0 and go through to the next round 

3 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

You are right, but there is also no evidence of the racist remark 

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

You are pretty much saying racists have to be racist all the time or they are not racist. 

Mental.

58 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Racism should definately be punished. However, apparently only Kamara heard the remark, which means it's unfortunately a he said she said situation. 

I recommend watching Anton Ferdinand's documentary about his experience with John Terry and the FA. There is unlikely to be a happy conclusion to this for anyone. 

It's also unfortunate that this incident happened in 87th minute of a game where the **** were loosing 2-0 at home and going out of a European tie and had two men sent off.  Accusations of poor looser, heads gone, sour grapes etc are a convenient deflection for Sparta Prague, and frankly Goldson's comments about going out to hurt someone in the final minutes  play into that narrative. 

Equally Roofe might have done better to spend his time on social media explaining why he kicked the Prague goal keeper in the face  rather than talking about Racist comments, I don't think he was on the pitch long enough to be racial abused by Sparta players and definately was not on the pitch when the alleged comments were made. I don't think his comments on the matter are helpful or relevant 

Racism is absolutely wrong, but it is also not an excuse for violence. Rangers have lost much of the moral high ground by their behavior and comments.  I don't want to get dragged into all that Slippy G has no class thing. But there are ways to support your player that don't involve all this drama and outrage

Hopefully Eufa will get to the bottom of things, and all the wrong doings of that evening will be punished, the match declared void and goes to either a replay or Rangers awarded a walk over 3-0 and go through to the next round 

I really don’t think it’s appropriate to condemn the behaviour of players clearly hurt and emotional after a horrific incident such as that. It is a completely normal reaction, and doesn’t even register as an issue here.