Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

Yes, but I do not see his point whatsoever. He is claiming that Kemar Roofe highlighting the racist abuse he received on Instagram was not helpful... how?

I kind of think that's a separate issue. 

Insaintee has had a mare here, and should be ignored or pilloried as you prefer.

But WcW is correct, and I fear Rangers are going to get a rather large UEFA shaped boot up their hole if any violence in the tunnel is proved, regardless of what happens to Kudela.

58 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Sorry yes it is. Two wrongs don't make a right. Goldson's comments smacked of Roy Keane. Also Goldson was not racially abused nor was Roofe. Their actions and comments are not helpful. 

For example, if Kamara had lamped the boy (doubtful I admit, but possible). Does that mean that it all done and dusted and evened out. No absolutely not. 

On the other hand if Kamara has lamped the boy and there's no evidence of racism  (which other than Kamara's word there isn't) is sounds like an excuse. 

Are you saying that the racist abuse was allowable due to the boy having seen his goal keeper kicked in the face and stretchered off. 

See, there is no justification 

No hard to understand, you don't get to take the law into your own hands,

This is a such a pile of utter shite, I don’t even know where to start with it. The comparisons are wild.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

So you'd rather people who suffer racist abuse stay quiet over it?

You're down the rabbit hole here trying to do anything but take Rangers side in this. Your attitude is absolutely one of the reasons racism can survive on social media yet I'd bet money you screech about all Rangers fans supporting sectarianism every week.

Not at all, but I am suggesting that him kicking in a goal keeper in the face is quite a serious thing. 

If you read my post you'd see I've already taken Rangers' side 

Racism is horrific as is sectarianism and homophobia.

Gerrard is quite right to stand by his player if he was racially abused and for what it's worth I am in doubt he was.

It's a pity though Gerrard has previous for backing a racist when Suarez was clearly guilty of it.

If I had been a Liverpool player that day I would have refused to be part of the charade of wearing a Suarez shirt.

Before MJC and his misguide ilk claim I hate Rangers I will say I am married to a Rangers season ticket holder.

She is doing my head in just now but probably no more so than I did her head in when my team won our first ever Junior Cup in 2016.

Edited by WilliamBragg

9 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I kind of think that's a separate issue. 

Insaintee has had a mare here, and should be ignored or pilloried as you prefer.

But WcW is correct, and I fear Rangers are going to get a rather large UEFA shaped boot up their hole if any violence in the tunnel is proved, regardless of what happens to Kudela.

I 100% agree with that, it’s just Willy quoted my post specifically discussing the Roofe stuff so I’d assumed it was relevant to that.

8 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Not at all, but I am suggesting that him kicking in a goal keeper in the face is quite a serious thing. 

If you read my post you'd see I've already taken Rangers' side 

No, you’re suggesting that Roofe was wrong to highlight racist abuse he received just because he got sent off during the match. That’s different to what you say above.

9 minutes ago, WilliamBragg said:

Racism is horrific as is sectarianism and homophobia.

Gerrard is quite right to stand by his player if he was racially abused and for what it's worth I am in doubt he was.

It's a pity though Gerrard has previous for backing a racist when Suarez was clearly guilty of it.

If I had been a Liverpool player that day I would have refused to be part of the charade of wearing a Suarez shirt.

Before MJC and his misguide ilk claim I hate Rangers I will say I am married to a Rangers season ticket holder.

She is doing my head in just now but probably no more so than I did her head in when my team won our first ever Junior Cup in 2016.

Did Gerrard wear a Suarez shirt though?

2 hours ago, Insaintee said:

Racism should definately be punished. However, apparently only Kamara heard the remark, which means it's unfortunately a he said she said situation. 

I recommend watching Anton Ferdinand's documentary about his experience with John Terry and the FA. There is unlikely to be a happy conclusion to this for anyone. 

It's also unfortunate that this incident happened in 87th minute of a game where the **** were loosing 2-0 at home and going out of a European tie and had two men sent off.  Accusations of poor looser, heads gone, sour grapes etc are a convenient deflection for Sparta Prague, and frankly Goldson's comments about going out to hurt someone in the final minutes  play into that narrative. 

Equally Roofe might have done better to spend his time on social media explaining why he kicked the Prague goal keeper in the face  rather than talking about Racist comments, I don't think he was on the pitch long enough to be racial abused by Sparta players and definately was not on the pitch when the alleged comments were made. I don't think his comments on the matter are helpful or relevant 

Racism is absolutely wrong, but it is also not an excuse for violence. Rangers have lost much of the moral high ground by their behavior and comments.  I don't want to get dragged into all that Slippy G has no class thing. But there are ways to support your player that don't involve all this drama and outrage

Hopefully Eufa will get to the bottom of things, and all the wrong doings of that evening will be punished, the match declared void and goes to either a replay or Rangers awarded a walk over 3-0 and go through to the next round 

Zungu heard it as well i believe

2 hours ago, Insaintee said:

You are right, but there is also no evidence of the racist remark 

You think kamara and zungu losing the plot while certain teammates of the slavia player stand back stunned is anything other than, 

Do you believe their "excuse" that he said "fucking guy" and that kamara has decided in a split second to make the boy out as a racist

Fucking hell 

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Slippy G did say he would stand toe to toe with Kamara plus he also said the player wasn't thinking straight we know something happened in the tunnel even if it was out of character for Kamara because of the racial slur.
My point was will Uefa treat the racial slur with a more severe punishment than a player getting punched.

I wouldn't bet on that last part, uefa have been shockingly bad at dealing with racism, 

18 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

It really simple you cannot use accusations of racist abuse to justify your own actions 

I think the take the knee,show the red card and all the rest is just lip service,I tend to agree that actions speak louder than words.
Walking off the pitch was the correct thing to do but to push for a more severe punishment without the lip service deal with it there and then.

I'd say the instant reaction of players from BOTH teams which is on video is pretty good proof of what happened. 

It's pretty rare for so many players to be around such an incident. It happened here and the reaction was clear. 

In short, get a fucking grip.

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

When did he wear it? 

Before the match.

The whole team did to show they backed Suarez.

He was captain of the club and should have led by example surely?

Surely racism is wrong at all times not just when said by opposition. 

Not once did Gerrard publicly condemn Suarez.

It's the hypocrisy of football.

1 minute ago, WilliamBragg said:

Before the match.

The whole team did to show they backed Suarez.

He was captain of the club and should have led by example surely?

Surely racism is wrong at all times not just when said by opposition. 

Not once did Gerrard publicly condemn Suarez.

It's the hypocrisy of football.

He wasn't in the squad for that game though. 

3 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

He wasn't in the squad for that game though. 

OK fair enough I got that one wrong.

I stand by my other comment.

As captain of the club should he along with all Liverpool squad not condemned Suarez?

Why was his racism not equally wrong in Gerrard 's eyes?

Edited by WilliamBragg