Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

2 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

would really just take asking both players for their versions of events

i) why did you cover your mouth, and exactly - word for word - what did you say to Kamara?

Sure he could bullshit but get it on record, he might even just be stupid enough to try some kind of "no it's German for the bart, the" type defence. At which point you can comfortably hammer him with a banhammer.

image.png.1451b899a974b05996a7d6aa5d99fe88.png

There's very, v e r y slim defences you can do that this is hastily constructed in a 2nd language, but yeah, I'm about 99% sure he's just replaced whatever he really said with "guy" for that statement and thought that'd do. Covering his mouth + that defence + Kamara (if he's feeling up to it) giving his version of events ESPECIALLY if he's heard something more like "you're/he's a fucking [racial slur]" = whip out that banhammer imo

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Fell asleep early last night and missed all of this. Had a look through Twitter and my god - as a society we still have a hell of a lot of a way to go. That's Scotland, I mean. That's not even taking into consideration the rest of Europe/World. 

Heartbreaking. 

5 hours ago, dysartrovers said:

The Goldson reaction for me is the clincher. Doesn't matter who you support. Some of the shit from celtic fans on twitter saying its deserved because they are a racist club is just mental. The game doesn't need this shit and he should be punished accordingl and hopefully it happens

Also a couple of the Prague players who are next to the incident look at their own player in shock and don’t even jump in for him.

32 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

if the allegations are true (which looks likely) they should have pinned the c**t against the Ibrox gates and let Roofe kung fu the p***k.

Maybe that phrase means ‘game over’ where they come from.  

6 hours ago, G51 said:

You can see the moment in this video when Goldson goes to Kamara, asks him what was said and then just fucking goes for the c**t.

Love that guy.

I just can't see how anyone will be able to prove it. He's not near any microphones, ref clearly doesn't hear it either. It'll just be one man's word against anothers.

Bit shit but I'm not sure what they can do?

He's clearly said something massively offensive and the fact he scurries away after is as much proof as any Rangers players reaction IMO.

7 hours ago, Raab said:

Roofes challenge was terrible, but I struggle to say it was deliberate. All he would be thinking is getting something on a ball that was there to win, he made a split second decision and it was a bad one.

Tbf less than a couple of months ago he went over the ball and caught Murray Davidson at knee height, and that was apparently "just an accident, not deliberate" aswell.

At what stage does it stop become unlucky accidents, and becomes a trait, for a player to injure opponents by being completely and utterly reckless?

The fact they've admitted to their player swearing at kamara makes me think that he's added black in front of whatever word he's used.

For some (fairly thick) people they don't get how calling someone a black......... isn't racist. They think you have to have used one of the clearly banned words to be racist.

I remember a famous caddy in golf using that defencs a while ago.

I also think rangers couldn't have walked off without liking like they were trying to profit from the incident. They were getting spanked in the tie and had 9 men, so best just play out the game and then take action. You don't want folk saying 'ahh but you're just trying to get the game overturned' or whatever.

That's why the stance of 'we don't want to be put back in as we were roundly beaten but we want this dealt with' is the sensible approach here.

The online Celtic fans reaction to this is bizzare 

from the support that see’s itself as the self righteous moral crusaders of every persecuted soul on the planet . Racism almost seems to be ok as long as it happens to be against somebody in a Rangers Shirt 

Edited by Forever_blueco

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf less than a couple of months ago he went over the ball and caught Murray Davidson at knee height, and that was apparently "just an accident, not deliberate" aswell.

At what stage does it stop become unlucky accidents, and becomes a trait, for a player to injure opponents by being completely and utterly reckless?

I’d say it would need to happen more than twice for it to be considered a trait mate, just my opinion though.

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

Are you seriously comparing this to a gesture Morelos made over a year ago?

60 000 who lapped up a “hung out a flag of war” banner .  All besides themselves with fear and offence because one guy made game over/throat gesture gesture walking off a pitch. 

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Sleekit wee c**t deserved any punches in the head he got and much more. That's all I have to say.

Police Scotland are saying they received no reports of that, and Rangers are briefing that it didn’t happen, so it looks like he didn’t get smacked sadly.

If Slavia had claimed it was Goldson or Morelos or someone then you might still believe it, but once they named Glen Kamara as the perpetrator it always seemed like a long shot.

43 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

The online Celtic fans reaction to this is bizzare 

from the support that see’s itself as the self righteous moral crusaders of every persecuted soul on the planet . Racism almost seems to be ok as long as it happens to be against somebody in a Rangers Shirt 

14 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

60 000 who lapped up a “hung out a flag of war” banner .  All besides themselves with fear and offence because one guy made game over/throat gesture gesture walking off a pitch. 

You need to try and get us out of your head mate. It'll do you no good in the long term.

HTH

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Police Scotland are saying they received no reports of that, and Rangers are briefing that it didn’t happen, so it looks like he didn’t get smacked sadly.

If Slavia had claimed it was Goldson or Morelos or someone then you might still believe it, but once they named Glen Kamara as the perpetrator it always seemed like a long shot.

Disappointing. The one time you don't live up to your reputation of being violent thugs and it's justified.