Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

I would have done that too, but punching racists is always good.

Unless it’s in self defence or in a situation where you feel you are in danger then no it isn’t good.

I’ve seen a lot of damage, life changing damage done to people from a single punch. Racism is abhorrent however doesn’t justify potential endangering someone.

Celtic da’s here trying to claim IF a *** has lamped Kudela they are ‘equally as disgusting’. Wtf?

I don’t condone vigilante justice, but given not many on here will know what it feels like to be racially abused, you can’t criticise someone for acting out physically after it has happened to them/a friend/colleague/fellow black man IMHO

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Unless it’s in self defence or in a situation where you feel you are in danger then no it isn’t good.

I’ve seen a lot of damage, life changing damage done to people from a single punch. Racism is abhorrent however doesn’t justify potential endangering someone.

I’m sorry, but it is good to punch racists. If we did it more, we’d have less of them.

Gerrard’s interview he mentioned he asked Kamara if he wanted to come off. Kamara said he wanted to carry on then admitted after the game his head was all over the place.

Gerrard also very doubtful anything will get done about it but is adamant that he has been a victim of racial abuse.

1 minute ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Celtic da’s here trying to claim IF a *** has lamped Kudela they ‘equally as disgusting’.

I don’t condone vigilante justice, but given not many will know what it feels like to be racially abused, So you can’t criticise someone for acting out physically after it has happened. IMHO

The same Celtic da’s were probably  defending tonev a few seasons back 

2 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Celtic da’s here trying to claim IF a *** has lamped Kudela they are ‘equally as disgusting’. Wtf?

I don’t condone vigilante justice, but given not many on here will know what it feels like to be racially abused, you can’t criticise someone for acting out physically after it has happened to them/a friend/colleague/fellow black man IMHO

Since it’s me that made the comment i find it odd and a little insulting to be fair that you would assume you know anything about my ethnicity to say that I’m not speaking from experience. 

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

In the topic of the actual football, does anyone know if Glen Kamara’s suspension carries over into next seasons CL qualifiers for accumulated yellows? I suspect Balogun’s and Roofe’s red cards will stand but unsure on Kamara.

I don't think it does, but that's off the top of my head without checking.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

I'm pretty sure all suspensions carry over until your next European fixture.

I'm sure that is also the case.

I seem to remember years ago a Scottish player serving a suspension 3 or 4 years later as he was at a club who hadn't been in Europe in that time.

You can see how a team could end up fielding an intelligible player in these circumstances. 

45 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It was very clearly an accident and anyone suggesting otherwise is pushing a weird agenda. It can simultaneosuly be an awful, dangerous tackle very worth of a red card, but still a genuine attempt to play the ball. Expecting a manager or anyone else from the club unilaterally coming out, unprompted to apologise for a bad tackle from one of their players seems a bit of an unrealistic expectation - I've literally never seen it happen.

I've seen tons of managers and players express concern for a badly injured opponent and so have you. Most recent example I can think of was Liverpool, about Wolves' keeper on Monday night. It's absolutely the norm for managers in particular to say something like "I hope the boy's alright, you never want to see something like that" and to pretend otherwise is a "weird agenda."

It was not a freak accident, he put his foot where you should never put your foot unless you know there's no opponent there. Just because something wasn't done intentionally, doesn't make it an accident. There are things in the middle like negligence and recklessness. That's why it was a straight red card. It doesn't have to be intentional to be a reckless disregard for your opponent's safety.

9 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Since it’s me that made the comment i find it odd and a little insulting to be fair that you would assume you know anything about my ethnicity to say that I’m not speaking from experience. 

Go on, indulge me, explain what is it you’re trying to say here? 

If it was Morelos I'd maybe cast a doubt, but that is just my own predjeduces.

Kamara strikes me as a sensible lad, never gets involved and does his talking with the ball. For what it is worth, I believe him.

The fact the guy has covered his mouth and targeted a player, who is literally just standing there, on a yellow card - suggests he has deliberately tried to get a reaction. What is a sure fire way of getting a reaction from a black player?

5 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I've seen tons of managers and players express concern for a badly injured opponent and so have you. Most recent example I can think of was Liverpool, about Wolves' keeper on Monday night. It's absolutely the norm for managers in particular to say something like "I hope the boy's alright, you never want to see something like that" and to pretend otherwise is a "weird agenda."

It was not a freak accident, he put his foot where you should never put your foot unless you know there's no opponent there. Just because something wasn't done intentionally, doesn't make it an accident. There are things in the middle like negligence and recklessness. That's why it was a straight red card. It doesn't have to be intentional to be a reckless disregard for your opponent's safety.

This thread was full of people saying it was proof that Roofe was a dirty player, which implies a lot of people thought it was intentional.

23 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

My point of ‘not many’ was a general statement based on the demographics of people who attend Scottish football ergo what I’d assume the demographics of this site to be. Within that I inferred that not many of us here can tell someone how they should feel/react to hearing/being involved in racist abuse.

My point stands, someone allegedly punching a racist isn’t ‘equally as disgusting’ as someone allegedly being racist.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge