Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

Guest Bob Mahelp

Loving the irony of der *** being annoyed about alleged racist comments, after wallowing in a century of sectarian bigotry. 

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I thought you started further on than that. Bit of a nightmare if Morelos is off.

Or I could just wait and see what Kamara himself says.

It's not like you've got history of jumping to conclusions you cabbage.

Of course, I never suggested we shouldn’t wait to hear what was said. I’ve said from the start we don’t know what was said, I was simply saying your comments suggesting it could be an overreaction is a bit odd.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

I thought you started further on than that. Bit of a nightmare if Morelos is off.

Important point that you are making. Celtic have made that mistake of not doing their player trading (either in or out) soon enough before the qualifiers begin. Ideally we wouldn't repeat that mistake and if Morelos leaves we sell him earlier and replace him earlier. 

Sometimes it doesn't work out like mainly as you don't always get the bids you want without that time pressure of it being later in the window.

BT effectively confirming it was racist. 

We should have just taken the players off the pitch.

Roofes Instagram also full of racist comments from Scots and Czechs.

Edited by G51

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Of course, I never suggested we shouldn’t wait to hear what was said. I’ve said from the start we don’t know what was said, I was simply saying your comments suggesting it could be an overreaction is a bit odd.

I think he's simply saying you should wait and see.

23 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

If what was said was blatant racism, surely the Rangers players would have (correctly) walked off the pitch?

I appreciate that point, but if Gerrard had marched on and removed his team without being able to prove what was said was racist then it would’ve opened up a huge can of worms. He’d have been accused of being a sore loser as we were 2-0 down at the time.

If you want to take your players off you need to be absolutely certain and be able to back up your claims.

Edited by AJF

4 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Loving the irony of der *** being annoyed about alleged racist comments, after wallowing in a century of sectarian bigotry. 

It’s a bit weird to love people being (allegedly) racially abused. Not a great look if I’m honest.

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Nice to see G51 sees banter and point scoring over Celtic in a potential instance of racial abuse of a Rangers player

The irony of such banter and point scoring is obviously lost on him though. 

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

The irony of such banter and point scoring is obviously lost on him though. 

I’m sure yourself and Bairnardo will equally condemn the other posts in this thread doing exactly the same thing eh.

9 minutes ago, G51 said:

BT effectively confirming it was racist. 

We should have just taken the players off the pitch.

Roofes Instagram also full of racist comments from Scots and Czechs.

BT can't "effectively confirm" anything unless they picked it up on their microphone, and there has been absolutely no indication that it was.

Just now, craigkillie said:

BT can't "effectively confirm" anything unless they picked it up on their microphone, and there has been absolutely no indication that it was.

Hutton said that Kamara immediately said “Racist, Racist” after it.