Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

13 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Maybe hearts fans shouldn’t take butchers aprons to games and sing songs sung by rangers fans then. 

A minority of bams. All teams have them, the most bizarre is the Hibs Union Jack. WTF?

33 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

I think theres a good chance this Rangers team get ragdolled in the second leg if the play like they did for large spells of that game.

I thought both teams looked like a herd of startled gazelle at the back.  Rangers could score plenty in the second leg.  So could PSV.

What a match that was to attend. One of the most entertaining games I’ve been at in some time.

Although I did fear the worst in the first half, thought we were onto a bit of a hiding with PSV exposing us down the flanks. Our full backs are past their prime IMO and this formation does them no favours at all.

The first 30 minutes seemed to pass Cifuentes by really but once he settled and started disrupting their play I felt we gradually started to get up the pitch a little, and it was probably a minor miracle that we went in ahead at the break, but what a finish from Sima, who still seems pretty honking.

Second half I felt we were a lot better. Not as passive as the first and Cantwell, who I thought grew into the game really well (may have been fortunate to stay on the park, would need to see it again), started to hold on to the ball and bring others into play. He done brilliantly to set up the second and it was another great piece of play, although I was absolutely convinced from my seat that Dessers was offside.

Very disappointing to lose the equaliser so quickly, but we gave away far too many corners tonight (a drawback of defending so compact and allowing them space on the flanks) and one of them was bound to bite us on the arse eventually.

Coming away from the game feeling disappointed not to win having led twice, but I don’t think you can have many complaints with the result nor would you have said PSV didn’t deserve at least a draw.

They looked a very decent side and slight level above in how they moved the ball about - we had to go through large spells where they dominated possession but I felt Goldson and Souttar defended brilliantly on the most part.

Definitely big underdogs, but I think we’ve shown that we can damage them, and anything is possible when you have Cristiano Ronal… eh Matondo in the side.

Edited by AJF

That was an exciting game of fitba,  PSV were pretty slick when attacking but looked vulnerable in defence at times. A huge ask next week to get the win, though the worst thing that can happen is that we drop down in to the Europa.