Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

3 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Follow follow is glorious. They are just about calling for var to review every decision ever made in a football match. 

You have to understand its a cultural shock for some not to hear ..." Tavernier pelanty".

Two rather poor sides and out with a bit of a whimper. Kyiv were quite “street smart” and managed to take the sting out of us immediately any time we looked like even attempting to build momentum.

Lawrence worse than a man down and looked like he was playing his 40th game of the season not his 4th.

Tavernier’s drastic loss of any kind of pace badly exposed and toothless going forward. I actually think it was a bit of a mistake replacing McCausland for Cerny as I felt he was starting to stretch Kyiv towards the end of the first half.

Having just seen it back there I think Jefte’s second yellow is pretty laughable. Made a game we were already struggling in a bit of a mountain to climb.

Barron is going to be absolutely run into the ground after about 10/15 games. Constantly covering for the gaps left and at no point did we utilise him tonight quite as well as we have previously this season so far.

Poor turnout as well and poor night all round. Small amount of sympathy for Dessers but when you start reacting like that the writing is almost on the wall.

7 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Didn’t know that. Rangers fans think it’s a bit of banter to call him “shagger”. 

He had the nickname Shagger well before any allegations came about, to be fair.

Edited by AJF

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Two rather poor sides and out with a bit of a whimper. Kyiv were quite “street smart” and managed to take the sting out of us immediately any time we looked like even attempting to build momentum.

Lawrence worse than a man down and looked like he was playing his 40th game of the season not his 4th.

Tavernier’s drastic loss of any kind of pace badly exposed and toothless going forward. I actually think it was a bit of a mistake replacing McCausland for Cerny as I felt he was starting to stretch Kyiv towards the end of the first half.

Having just seen it back there I think Jefte’s second yellow is pretty laughable. Made a game we were already struggling in a bit of a mountain to climb.

Barron is going to be absolutely run into the ground after about 10/15 games. Constantly covering for the gaps left and at no point did we utilise him tonight quite as well as we have previously this season so far.

Poor turnout as well and poor night all round. Small amount of sympathy for Dessers but when you start reacting like that the writing is almost on the wall.

Alternatively... you could have saved yourself typing this precis and just announced:-

Rangers are not Champions League capable.

Sorted.

1 minute ago, TONTROOPER said:

Alternatively... you could have saved yourself typing this precis and just announced:-

Rangers are not Champions League capable.

Sorted.

I think that was rather evident before tonight, to be fair.

40 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Cry more Kris.

"Champions league nights at Ibrox and teams crumble??"

Wasnt their last champions league group stage run an utter shitshow where they got f**ked 7-1 by Liverpool? Cant be arsed to check but my gut is they've not been great at home in Champions League for a long, long time. Some good/great home results in the Europa League, tbf.

Edit: ah! Cursory google, thanks uefa

Screenshot_20240813_224145_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cddb8151c440165d1de2c756f1ab6859.jpg

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Rangers are one Butland save from being 0 from 4 this season and their form in the last 15 or so games last season was absolute tripe.

It's an absolutely shocking refereeing decision but Rangers problems run so much deeper than one bad call.

Also would probably helped if 15,000 Rangers season ticket holders hadn't stayed in the house tonight.  Obviously wrecking George Square is more attractive to them than a Champions League qualifier.