2019/20 Challenge Cup

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

The round dates are already published on the SPFL website; specific days for the later round matches will presumably be flexible for either TV or shan international matches.

Yes the round dates are but not the exact dates i.e. which games are on the Tuesday & which games are on the Wednesday, normally published a week or two after the draw.

Just noticed the final could be on the same date of my birthday. It's destined for me to spend my birthday in probably Perth watching Dundee lose the Tunnock's Cup final against Morton or something, isn't it...

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

On 14/07/2019 at 09:45, I'm Brian said:

Aldi's caramel wafers are far better. His Caramel Logs on the other hand...

I must say that I prefer wafers to, for a better word, logish biscuits. No doubt this is an anti-Tunnocks issue, comments like "possibly so your feeble yooninist fingers can hold them" I can expect.

• 2 weeks later...

I see BBC have altered all the 'B' teams names - so instead of ending "Colts" they now end "U21".

R1 ties are next week but it appears no venue has yet been confirmed for Motherwell 'B' v Spartans. It plus Hamilton 'B' v BSCG go ahead next Wednesday (originally BSCG had a league game on Sunday); all the other ties are next Tuesday. Queen's Park v Celtic 'B' is at Airdrie.

On 17/07/2019 at 01:42, RossBFaeDundee said:

Just noticed the final could be on the same date of my birthday. It's destined for me to spend my birthday in probably Perth watching Dundee lose the Tunnock's Cup final against Morton or something, isn't it...

I’d take that.

On 19/07/2019 at 04:38, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Dundee v Morton in a cup final would only be played at Fantasy Island.

Based on Saturday, we could probably manage a series of high scoring draws with penalty shootout wins.

On 29/07/2019 at 19:52, HibeeJibee said:

R1 ties are next week but it appears no venue has yet been confirmed for Motherwell 'B' v Spartans. It plus Hamilton 'B' v BSCG go ahead next Wednesday (originally BSCG had a league game on Sunday); all the other ties are next Tuesday. Queen's Park v Celtic 'B' is at Airdrie.

SPFL site has Accies at New Douglas Park (well, Hope CBD Stadium, but you know!) and Motherwell at Airdrie.

They have all the 2nd round draws down as Tues Aug 13th, but when the draw was made it said they would be Aug 13th or 14th, so I guess some could change depending on the 1st round outcomes 

On 17/07/2019 at 01:42, RossBFaeDundee said:

Not at all.

It's your destiny to spend your birthday watching Dundee lose in Perth to Solihull Moors.

It's impossible to predict: partly as you can't tell how many over agers and "young" (i.e. 21 or under) first-teamers the 'B' teams will use; and partly as you can't tell if the proper clubs (those in SPFL especially) will field full-strength XI nor where some of the non-leaguers sit in quality terms.

On the face of it Rangers 'B', Celtic 'B' and perhaps Hearts 'B' will be favourites - but you could easily cite say another 3-4 prospects (e.g. Motherwell/Hibs/Livingston/etc.).

@SpartansFC

Thanks to Tunnock’s there will be FREE Caramel Wafer for every supporter attending Wednesday's match against @MotherwellFC Colts. You can pick up yours upon entry at the Excelsior Stadium. One per person and only while stocks last

58 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

@SpartansFC

Thanks to Tunnock’s there will be FREE Caramel Wafer for every supporter attending Wednesday's match against @MotherwellFC Colts. You can pick up yours upon entry at the Excelsior Stadium. One per person and only while stocks last

That's  all right will imagine you will get one on Tuesday at Shielfield.

4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

@SpartansFC

Is that Airdrie changing their stadium name again then?

QP v Celtic Big Laddies on Tuesday. No idea how this will go. We've a more physical team this year so hopefully we'll compete and take our chances. Some will stay away in protest but I'll be shouting for my team in the hope of having another run like last year. League's most important but a bit of fun along the way would be nice too.