The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

19 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Buckie bouyoed after Wednesdays result will be too strong for us and Price’s lack of tactical awareness will shine through.

They were too strong

3 games lost under price. And quite a few unconvincing performances not convinced he is the right man to take us up. Said it before the few games simmy was in charge we looked much better. Going to be very hard to win the league now nevermind win the playoffs if we don't go up I dread to think what will happen after throwing money at bringing all those players in 

6 minutes ago, Rossco8326 said:

3 games lost under price. And quite a few unconvincing performances not convinced he is the right man to take us up. Said it before the few games simmy was in charge we looked much better. Going to be very hard to win the league now nevermind win the playoffs if we don't go up I dread to think what will happen after throwing money at bringing all those players in 

Yes on reflection maybe we should have stuck with Simmy and McHatts and invested in a more experienced keeper

13 minutes ago, MonTheHedge said:

Before the inevitable comes, I don’t think Grady was getting anything from that match even if he started. 

I agree with you - he wouldn't have made any difference. They were a better, stronger team.

50 minutes ago, MonTheHedge said:

Before the inevitable comes, I don’t think Grady was getting anything from that match even if he started. 

Maybe not.  But the manager leaves himself open to criticism by not picking him if we don’t win these games.  He’s taken a huge gamble and it’s not paid off.

39 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

Yes on reflection maybe we should have stuck with Simmy and McHatts and invested in a more experienced keeper

I doubted the appointment of Price but Simmons by all accounts didn’t want to be the manager so enough of this bollocks.

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Well, well, well. 

Well!

Taking one for the league.  A one horse race for both the champion and relegation spots would just be boring for everybody.  🙄

16 minutes ago, charlie king mvp said:

I doubted the appointment of Price but Simmons by all accounts didn’t want to be the manager so enough of this bollocks.

I heard he was interviewed and he did want the job - irrelevant now though as we are stuck with Price

1 hour ago, Rossco8326 said:

You boys fancy your chances against EK if you do win the league of course?

9 minutes ago, Rossco8326 said:

To be honest not really. We're not good enough to beat them going by recent performances 

I wouldn't worry, Kennedy will send his key players off on a well deserved stag party if the EK bosses don't pay him enough.

I’ve said from the beginning that Price wasn’t the man to take us forward.

Thats twice we’ve been beaten at home ,at least Kirk made the Glebe a fortress for teams coming here.Today Price got his tactics wrong again McHattie was too slow on the left Buckie seen that and utilised it to good effect.Questions must be asked of him for leaving out out top goalscorer for the last five games and when he brings him on plays him in the wrong position.Why were Buckie fitter,quicker and stronger than us,it’s the same against the bigger teams in this league.Our midfield isn’t strong enough too many games against the bigger teams it’s non existent surely Price can see that.Again Richardson running around like a headless chicken.Louden and Scott did a lot of running and that’s all they did.Why did Price take off Handling he was probably our best player.As for the young keeper ,we need an experienced keeper for games like this,another explanation from Price as to why Wilson was dropped. Is needed.

The board throwing money left right and centre for Price and its back firing and going by the rumours if we don’t get promoted this season Brechin will more or less be in the doldrums,even might have to sell the Glebe.

I did warn you all about Price and was laughed at.

I agree with a lot of what has been said but don't think things are as bad as some are making out. Yesterday's game was a very close affair and in reality could have swung either way . It was a case of 2 good  teams with completely different game plans . Buckie are very good at closing down the opponents and taking advantage of mistakes while we try to play expansive attacking football (maybe too much at times ) which leaves us open quite a lot of the time . 

When we equalised yesterday I actually thought the winner wasn't too far away as we were winning numerous corners and free kicks around the box . My one big gripe at that time was when Grady came on Price took off Fraser when Ewan Loudon looked knackered . Fraser is always a good option in the middle of the park to hold the ball up and give the defence some options . He also has a very good partnership with Grady which might have paid off in those nervy last 10 minutes or so. 

I enjoyed the game though. It was very entertaining and had a bit of everything. Buckie certainly won the physical battle especially in the second half as the card count will show . They also looked a lot fitter than us which is very worrying. 

We lost this battle but hopefully lessons can be learned going into the final stretch. There are a lot of games to be played and I'm sure points will be dropped along the way. 

11 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Thats twice we’ve been beaten at home ,at least Kirk made the Glebe a fortress for teams coming here.Today Price got his tactics wrong again McHattie was too slow on the left Buckie seen that and utilised it to good effect.Questions must be asked of him for leaving out out top goalscorer for the last five games and when he brings him on plays him in the wrong position.Why were Buckie fitter,quicker and stronger than us,it’s the same against the bigger teams in this league.Our midfield isn’t strong enough too many games against the bigger teams it’s non existent surely Price can see that.Again Richardson running around like a headless chicken.Louden and Scott did a lot of running and that’s all they did.Why did Price take off Handling he was probably our best player.As for the young keeper ,we need an experienced keeper for games like this,another explanation from Price as to why Wilson was dropped. Is needed.

The board throwing money left right and centre for Price and its back firing and going by the rumours if we don’t get promoted this season Brechin will more or less be in the doldrums,even might have to sell the Glebe.

There are actually some good points here and I agree with a lot of it.

McHattie is one of the best, if not the best player at the club but he is clearly struggling with injury and there has to come a point when he’ll have to admit defeat.  He didn’t play well yesterday and he wasn’t good at Inverurie either.

The manager is gambling with his fitness, gambling with the goalkeeper and gambling with dropping Grady.  In most games we will get away with it, but in a game like yesterday we won’t.

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I agree with a lot of what has been said but don't think things are as bad as some are making out. Yesterday's game was a very close affair and in reality could have swung either way . It was a case of 2 good  teams with completely different game plans . Buckie are very good at closing down the opponents and taking advantage of mistakes while we try to play expansive attacking football (maybe too much at times ) which leaves us open quite a lot of the time 

Buckie's first goal was pretty "expansive".

13 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Apart from "might have to sell the Glebe", I also agree with much of this post . It seems likely that we will post another heavy loss for this financial year (which will mean heavy budget cuts going forward). I think we saw yesterday that whilst we have a decent large squad, our heavy pitch assisted Buckie more than it did us.. Unclear as to where we are with having a plastic pitch in place for next season and whether the financial grants needed to pay for it will be forthcoming.  

Buckie were the better team on the day.  They played good football in addition to being more physical and time and time again it's the physical side of the game that lets us down in the big games.

I think it's clear as well that Price wants a different style of play to that under Kirk and I feel like performances have dipped while we are transitioning to the new style.

I'm prepared to give Price the benefit of the doubt but given he has made a few very big decisions (Dropping Lenny & Grady) and both have now backfired on him it's added unnecessary pressure. 

Still a long way to go and I still have faith we can win the league and get promoted.  But things will need to click soon and the Buckie away game now becomes a must win rather than must not lose.